Penn Battle 3

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Penn Battle 3

Postby Monty1978 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:17 am

Hi folks I'm new to the site and looking for some help!

I'm in the process of purchasing a beach rod and reel, I'm considering buying the Penn Squadron 2 and pairing it with a Penn Battle 3 reel, is the Battle 3 suitable for use off a beach or should I consider something else? Any help would be appreciated.
Monty1978
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Penn Battle 3

Postby Bushidobadboy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Battle will work, but maybe have look a t the surfblaster may be more suited to what your using it for

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Bushidobadboy
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Penn Battle 3

Postby stefan cork » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:24 pm

I love my Battle 3's got a 3000 and a 6000, using the 3000 on 11ft Squadron2 Bass 3pcs and love it for lil heavier lures and bait casting. A 4000 would have fit even better but with thin braid the 3000 is perfect feel and use for me. The 6000 is nice and big but mainly use it on my 13ft DAM Surf cheap rod, i love Penn rod n reel, decent quality fishing.
Battle 3 be suitable for your usage, especially the CNC'ed sealed section, however, also down to how you handle reels, i.e. not dropping into sand or water, clean it off regularly etc.

I can still hear the crunching sounds of my buddys shimano reel that he dropped into deep sand twice after catching & excitement :mrgreen:
respect nature, leave no trace & catch and release 8)
stefan cork
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers