Zziplex Profile

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am

Had plans to build a rod, but in the end i bought a finished zziplex profile.
Cost 290 sterling from Tonys tackle at the go fishing show.
This rod is really thin/ light bass rod thin but would have no problem fishing up to light rough. Rod is light but i was surprised by how stiff it is,
was a bit scared that i wouldn't be able for it.
The rod is 13ft equal sections. weights up to 5 1/2 ounces. 4 being center.
I've being using a 5 and can't see any problems.

Rod is ringed for Multiplier, but i have hit it with the Fixed spool on as well and had no problems. All PB have been beaten by a long way, a very long way.multiplier and fixed spool.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:13 pm

I have the zipplex powertex bass and she is a joy to fish with, very easy to cast, doesn't take much to flex the blank. Your profile sounds alot stiffer.

Pete

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 am

Scara,

I'm interested to learn more about the Profile. I fancy one. Peter Thain told me that they have hit over 230 yards with very light weights over grass. I got a surprise when he told me it was stiffer than a PTX Bass rod, although he did say that Andy Miller had a softer model Profile.

It sounds good but I have to ask myself where does it fit in if its so much like the PTX, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Its always a good sign when you hit a PB with a new rod, I bet you feel well pleased, nice one!

BTW...Peter Thain did say that he thought the Profile was the nearest thing he has used to the old 2500m but with a lot slimmer but section.
Tom.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:53 am

Rockhopper wrote:Scara,

I'm interested to learn more about the Profile. I fancy one. Peter Thain told me that they have hit over 230 yards with very light weights over grass. I got a surprise when he told me it was stiffer than a PTX Bass rod, although he did say that Andy Miller had a softer model Profile.

It sounds good but I have to ask myself where does it fit in if its so much like the PTX, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Its always a good sign when you hit a PB with a new rod, I bet you feel well pleased, nice one!

BTW...Peter Thain did say that he thought the Profile was the nearest thing he has used to the old 2500m but with a lot slimmer but section.
Tom.

Tom,
I've heard some people say there is another version of the profile called the Profile lure which is lighter than the one I have. this might be the one Andy Miller has.

Where the rod fits for me is multi purpose, when i spend 300 sterling i need to get as much from the rod as i can. As the profile is so light you can hold it all day in the surf, it will not collapse in heavy surf either.
(ptx bass does this you say.)

I can also swich and send it along way with a clipped down and 4 oz grip.
with a good tide and the rod still fishes. fished it with 5oz still seems ok.

Rod seems to be happy fishing 3oz 20yards out picking up small flounder.
no problem picking up bites either.
Tried abit of semi rough fishing on sunday with it and had no problems.

Also I can take it to the field and practice casting, which to my surprise I am hitting some respectable distances compared to what I was.

It's a very good balance for me.(me maybe not all) It fits in with 90% of my fishing. clean beachs to semi rough, maybe a bit of pier where you'll be coming from sand to kelp. Also if fishing a competition having the abillity to hit long distance and bring a lsd in.

Maybe a ptx on steroids.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:52 pm

Scara,

Good report, it sounds great for such a slim rod.

You've talked me into getting one :lol: :lol:

I'm easy lead :cry:

Tom.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:59 am

Tom,

Hope this gives you an Idea of how thin this Rod is. Thats an English 20pence piece on the rod.

[img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1941/zziplexprofile0vk.jpg[/img]

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 am

Would it be wider in Euros :wink: :wink: :wink: .

Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:09 am

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:28 am

I remember years ago, Century made a rod called a "216" the butt was so thick, you'd probably manage to get 2 of those Profile rods inside the 216 butt and use it like a rod tube.

We used the 216 with Abu 7000c reels....man! I dont know how we ever got a thumb around to cast.....like a scaffolding tube they were :lol: :lol:

Nice looking rod Scara, thanks.

Tom.