Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

New bearings.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:10 pm

He lads,

I have a penn mag 525 (slidey version) and I'm thinking of upgrading the spool bearings. What in your opinion is the best bearings to get?
Cheers,
Derek.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Re: New bearings.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm

What's wrong with the originals? The ones that came standard one those reels were very good quality and wouldn't change them unless they are bust. Replacing them with steel bearings is the way to go, went for ceramics on one of mine and it's way too fast for fishing.

Blakdog tackle will have everything you need.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

gearoid mc s. wrote:What's wrong with the originals? The ones that came standard one those reels were very good quality and wouldn't change them unless they are bust. Replacing them with steel bearings is the way to go, went for ceramics on one of mine and it's way too fast for fishing.

Blakdog tackle will have everything you need.
Hi Gearoid,

There's nothing wrong with the existing ones, I regularly service my reels so they're always in good nick, I was just thinking of upgrading them to improve my cast.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:34 pm

how do you find the change

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 am

kayak fishing wrote:how do you find the change
Didn't bother changing them after all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Post a reply