Which one for the ruff stuff???????????????????

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:57 pm

Going to buying one of these outfits for the ruff stuff....just wanted to know has anyone any views on either of them???
Cant make up my mind i would also like the rod and reel to work on the beach along side another outfit

PPT Sidewinder EVO 1 [/b]
At 13ft 6" a great all rounder. Mixed to rough ground, with a tip that will not bounce around in a big sea.
LOOK THIS COMES WITH A FREE 525 SUPERMAG REEL! with 6 new ABEC quality bearings, fast 6-1 reteive, and easy use, easy cast slidey mag control. cap 300yds x 0.32 quality mono.

Price: £212.77 / €304.26 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

SURFBLASTER RuffStuff Rough Ground with 525 super mag FOC
Want a rod for the rough stuff? Then as the name suggests, this is the one. Rock end marks, casting over rocks to more rocks, reefs at range with clip down pulley rigs, this is THE rods for the tough stuff. Casting distance is probably less important than the rods ability to handle what it's name suggests. But rest assured - when distance is required you will not be disappointed!
Comes with free 525 Super mag (worth £165 00 )

Price: £191.49 / €273.83 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:06 pm

hey hc....I'd personally go for the Penn surfblaster ruff stuff...I've had a couple of chucks with the sidewinder and i thought it was a bit soft for the rocks to me it feels like the abu conolon i use but then again i use that off the rocks so it could be done :)

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:09 pm

would love to be able to use it for the beach two....the ground ill be fishing aint really that ruff......cant make my mind up lol

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:25 pm

Ive got a RuffStuff and while its not the most sensitive rod in the collection I have no problems with it and am well pleased with the way its handled both for super casting performance and bite recognition.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 pm

got the sidewinder lads.....needed it 4 the beach two