Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

Vass smock yes or no

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Was looking to buy the heavy version of the vass smock but have had a couple of anglers say there not great anyone have an anglers view on these not for fashion but practicality?

Re: Vass smock yes or no

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Have the vass 175 winter it's fecking brilliant have mine since start of the year and it's brilliant no leaks or rips yet and I use it a fair bit that's my 2 cents others may have issues

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Had the heavy version 3 years ago, lasted 6months if that, seams started to go, pure rubbish and no side pockets to keep hands....they might be better now..
Went and got the bass boats smock and never looked back, have it over 2 years now and never let in a drop of water, and it gets used for bait digging and all, best money i ever spent...

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Yeh they must have mine have side pockets http://www.rorys.ie/vass-lightweight-br ... mock-v-175

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

They are rubbish as stated had the 350 model seams leaking used it in heavy rain fishing an bait collecting wouldnt buy 1 again

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am

Have used the 350 model for 18 months regularly and no issues yet!

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm

I have the Vass heavy duty smock . . Never leaks. Best jacket I've had and I've been out in some orrid weather . Only downside is no side pockets. Just a big pouch on the front

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:53 pm

heard bad reports of them leaking in heavy rain.
Post a reply