Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

Daiwa Sensor Mono Line?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Saw this on an Irish online store, thinking of getting it in 12lb/0.33mm as I need a new mainline, I've had 15lb Berkley Mono on for about 10 months and it has done its job well, but I want to try a lighter line such as 12lb for cleaner sandy beaches. Has anyone tried this and is it worth it? Pretty cheap price so I'm not too sure.
Thanks
E

Re: Daiwa Sensor Mono Line?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Daiwa Sensor line is good value and I have used it in a variety of strengths, 12lb for pike fishing and spinning for mackerel, 15lb for beachcasting multipliers and 35lb on shark reels. Never had any complaints though it is slightly thicker than more expensive brands for the same b.s.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:52 pm

johnwest wrote:Daiwa Sensor line is good value and I have used it in a variety of strengths, 12lb for pike fishing and spinning for mackerel, 15lb for beachcasting multipliers and 35lb on shark reels. Never had any complaints though it is slightly thicker than more expensive brands for the same b.s.

Thanks for the reply JW
I think I'll go with it, although is 12lb advisable for beaches or should I just get 15lb?
Daiwa tournament mono also looks good, not as thick as the sensor!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am

15lb is regarded as the standard beach casting b.s., I have occasionally used 12lb on clean beaches,where flatties are the usual fare, when fishing light e.g. 2/3 oz leads. Unless you have a reel specifically for 12lb lightweight fishing, I would stick to the 15. I don't imagine the marginally thinner 12 would give that much extra casting distance.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Used to be good its different now and wouldnt really rate it to be honest it goes a bit coily after a whike id stick to daiwa tournament best mono you can buy i use 15lb for all my shore fishing very strong and reliable and lasts a good few sessions

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for the replies lads, I still have a lot to learn!
I think I'll go for the tournament, line quality is everything it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Agree there with Ste , I have used my fair share of lines including the sensor but found the tournament to be better quailty , i have 15lb and 18lb on all my reels now , never had a issue with it , very strong and lovely line lay on multipliers
Post a reply