Daiwa saltiga 35 hs ld

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Daiwa saltiga 35 hs ld

Postby Eoin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 am

Wanted to get one of the newer super fast multiplyer reels and decided on this one. Sparkly new out of the box it looked very impressive and was indeed fast. Loaded it up with braid and used it for the guts of a week. In this time the reel got very little use (not abused) and was cleaned each day. Afterwards noticed a slight roughness between 9 and11o clock on the crank. Contacted daiwa Europe and of course they don't carry parts and referred me to daiwa North America. Kind of felt like they should have taken the reel and got any parts that were needed. Anyway reel gone to daiwa service in USA and waiting to hear back from them. The reel comes with a 1 year warranty subject to inspection. If inspection reveals that reel has a flaw they will repair for free, if they feel that reel was abused / misused they will recommend the cost. Reel was not cheap and recorded postage to USA was another €22. I will post the outcome at a later date.
Eoin
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 15 times

Re: Daiwa saltiga 35 hs ld

Postby Eoin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 pm

OK.
Update: Before posting the reel to the US I rang them to ask about postage of the reel back to Ireland. I was told that if it is deemed a warranty repair that Daiwa would cover the cost of the postage. Fair enough. I checked post tracking and the reel was delivered to them on the 18th Jul. No word from them so I rang them. The technician dealing with the repair was busy so the said that they would call and email me back. Got an email but no call. Outcome of the inspection was that the repair was covered by the warranty but because of the international postage I would have to cover it at $76.71. I rang them and protested but it fell on deaf ears. No choice but to cough up. Waiting for the reel to arrive now and a detailed report of the repair.

For this message the author Eoin has received thanks:
matt69 (Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:59 am)
Eoin
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 15 times

Postby landlockedKE » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Did you buy the reel online or across a counter
landlockedKE
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby BrianB » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

really surprised at this, I sent a 20ld 2 speed to Daiwa Scotland for service last year and no problem is it only the larger 35 that they say they do not carry spares for?
BrianB
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers