Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

Penn ssv spin fisher 7500 long cast

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:37 am

Got one of these as a beach reel. Have to say thumbs up. 100% water proof reel. Have seen other examples where black paint on aluminium has been scuffed off so no wraping leads/hooks around handle, bail or foot. Comes with two spools, a deep one for mono and a shallow one for braid. No reverse but with drag set correctly its not needed. No problems so far (1st season). Can't remember price but u could google it. Heard that you can get deals on other sizes on combos. I had a chance to use combos for speed jigging in Florida and the rods are super strong ( look like a spinning rod but rated at 80 to 130lbs) but could do with an upgrade on the eyes especially the tip. In summary an all round good fixed spool beach reel which is not affected by saltwater ingress.

Re: Penn ssv spin fisher 7500 long cast

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 pm

The spinfishers are power house fixed spools

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:54 am

I dropped one over the side of a boat at the RNLI competition in Rosses Point last year (don't ask lol).The skipper went out the next day with a diver and got the rod and reel back for me. The reel is still running as smooth as silk.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Fair play to skipper for going back out with a diver . . . Above and beyond comes to mind . .

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Yes that's exactly what I said at the time... Daryl Ewing is his name.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Post a reply