Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

Abu 6500 chrome ct rocket

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi lads anyone fishing with this reel? Compared to the mag elite which is best for clean ground fishing.i have been fishing with the Abu 6500 mag reel for a few years & also fish with a 7 ht with centrifugal brakes I find the 7ht casts further than the mag so I was thinking of getting an Abu 6500 ct chrome rocket. Any advise on the rocket please thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Abu 6500 chrome ct rocket

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:20 pm

do you have brake blocks and mag on mag elite? i,m sure you could just take out the mag holder or blocks ? the new abus seem slower to me,ive a gunmetal grey one ,speed bullet and ceramic bearings in it now with no blocks and its sweet ,faster retreave makes a big difference compared to old reels.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi Roger, have a Abu ambassador 6500 premium mag elite with all the brake block disengaged. Casting distance is poor compared to my 7ht & penn 515 mag 2. Tried everything except replacing the bearings maybe ceramic bearings might be the answer. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Has it a line out clicker?
Yes ceramic bearings will speed it up, is it noisy when you cast it?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Have you took out all the bearings and cleaned them and RE oiled them? The reels could be loaded with thick grease. If you can't service them yourself there are tackle shops and people on here who would take them in and give them a good clean up.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:49 am

have one for years,easy to clean and service yourself,cant fault it
Post a reply