Daiwa PBM 122M

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:51 pm

Is anybody else using this rod? I've had mine for bout 10 years now and its by far my favourite rod by far, excellent casting machine and brillant bite detection. I think, though not sure, that they have stopped making them.

Pete

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:23 pm

I use to have a 129pm and it was a super Rod. Cooke from this site uses the 129pm. It is basically the down the but version of the 122. Steve Allmark off the UK International team wrote a review of them in Sea Angler a while back and he had nothing but praise for them.

They have everything you can think off, lightweight, super sensitive tip, lovely finish, very powerful but and a nice medium to fast taper action for casting.

And unfortunately they did stop making them, the were effectively replaced by the Supercast X.

Defo would have recommend them though!! :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Years ago people would compare Rolls Royce and Bentley as the two top cars in the world. As far as rods go I think the nearest you can get to a Zziplex rod is a Daiwa, IMHO I think they shine better then Century or Cono-Flex.

I've not had a Daiwa for years, the Brown Daiwa Whisker was the last one I owned, great fishing rod!!

If anyone knows where there is a good second hand one for sale, shoot me a line, all I need is one that has not gone to soft in the tip, scratches, broken guides etc not a problem. Any length will do.

Tom.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:50 pm

The Whisker is a super rod, you be doing very well to get one. I know a lot of guys use to use a amorphous whisker butt with a whisker tip, looked strange but was apparently a fantastic combo. I know Shay O'Neill uses them, he might be your best bet.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:23 pm

is this the AWB range you are talking about? 129, 126, 122?

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm

Yeah thats them Phil.