Grauvell Tektron 4200

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:28 pm

After having a couple of chucks with Phanovers, I was sold and absolutely had to have one. Unfortunately they are quite hard to pick up as they have been discontinued by Grauvell and replaced (I think) with the HM4200 which is apparently built around the same blank but of slightly inferior finish, rings etc.

This rod takes a bit of getting used to initially as you will be taken aback by how slim and light it is. Built in 3 pieces, 14 feet weighs in at 450g! The rod itself looks the absolute dogs doodahs finished to an extremely high quality with Fujis throughout. Its rated to cast up to 250g.

I used this rod on "De Wall" at the weekend teamed with a Daiwa Emcast loaded with 15lb line and was mightily impressed with it. I would usually be using my Penn Surfblaster Ruff Stuff at this mark as it involves heaving out weights up to 210g with big cod baits. For a rod so slim and light, it is amazing how much backbone the blank possesses and power it generates. I used it with 2 hook rigs, 210g grip leads and with just a simple overhead thump sent these out around the 150yard mark with the minimum of effort and fuss.

Bite detection was superb even from the little fellas. It enabled me to hit bites straight away resulting in majority of fish being liphooked and easily released. There was no problems cranking in double shots time after time either.

Whilst I wouldnt be in a hurry to use this particular rod on some of the rough ground rock marks on the Clare coast I frequent, I cant recommend it highly enough. For clean to moderately rough ground, this rod is superb, it can chuck a hell of a way with so little effort, superb bite detection plus the looks that will grab all the attention on the beach!

Only gripe I would have with it is that it is supplied with a Fuji Griplock reel seat, fixed into position that for me,being 6 foot plus, would be slightly on the low side for me to really open up my shoulders on it.

Anyone looking for an easy route to increasing distance with the minimum of fuss and effort could do a hell of a lot worse than one of these. Paid €250 for it from Dan in Halfway Tackle, Cork. A match tip is also available for it but to be honest, I dont think there is any real need for it, bite sensitivity was superb.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:14 pm

Grauvell TC Beachcast 4200 HMC Titanium

Ebay have 1 for sale at the moment for the next 7 hours anyway. The guy has put it into the wrong sale? :oops:

He has it in Game fishing rods amd also other fishing.

When writing this it has a price of £72 on it. Brand new never used :lol:

Hope this helps and you read it in time

Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:38 pm

RRP of €200.oo or so so bit of a bargain there for someone.....

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:09 pm

seen a few in action and seem to be an excellent match rod with the beauty of having the extra quivertip available for them.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 pm

Ebay have 1 for sale at the moment for the next 7 hours anyway. The guy has put it into the wrong sale?

He has it in Game fishing rods amd also other fishing.

Which Ive just bought :lol:

Not needed but had to have it considering it came with 3 different tips.

Bought for 128 stg which is quite cheap considering standard rod without extra tips is €200

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:23 pm

My missus beats me when I do stuff like that. Seems her idea of a bargain is different from mine.... :lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:40 pm

Grrrrrrr! I was going to bid on that!

You do realise that at the rate you're going you're in line for Sea Anglibng Forums "Tackle Tart 2006"?

Paul

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:56 pm

It's a coveted title, to be sure. I'm going for 'King of Bling' myself :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:10 am

And if theres a Kev Crowley in the house, apologies mate, unlucky. :lol:

Also bought an uptider as well, and a Kayak.... Missus is gonna go bananas. Anybody got a spare shed I can hide some of my gear in!! :D
If she ever pays a visit to any tackle shops in Cork, Im dead...I thought you said that Tektron was €50.00.............

Tackle tart 2006....well any kind of a win would be welcome! :D Call me Chelsea, Im gonna buy the title!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:36 pm

A kayak! A Jese....Tory 'll not get a minutes peace now :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:52 pm

Plan, store Kayak on boat, any further engine problems hop in kayak and paddle like hell, leave mate behind who found it hilarious when I was stranded to wait for lifeboat........

Its a long paddle to Tory.......

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:23 pm

Which arrived today :D Even more pleased to realise I was confusing it with the Grauvell HM 4200 and not the TC which it is.....TC on Mail order in UK is at cheapest Ive seen £279 stg and £69 for each of the tips (All 3 came with mine) BARGAIN OR WHAT!

Can now tell missus that instead of spending 200 euro ive actually saved about 300......reckon that might work!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 am

Tackle slut more like :shock: :shock:

GG

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:10 am

Its a disease..... :lol: You shouldnt mock the afflicted!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:11 am

Its a disease..... :lol: You shouldnt mock the afflicted!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:19 pm

a real bargain at that price!!!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:21 pm

Thats what I told the missus anyway Phil! :D Got a quote on it from Dan in Halfway, his selling price is €450 and thats not including the spare two tips.