Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Shakespeare Omni X Bass 11'6"

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 pm

I got this rod before Christmas but am so pleased with it I said I'd throw up a review.

Back in November I obliterated the tip my lovely Shakespeare Odessa bass rod pulling out of a snag. As a Christmas present to myself I got a replacement. I was not keen to spend a huge amount of money as I would only use it for a few months in the winter.

The omni X bass is about 50 euro and I always found Shakespeare gear to be good quality so I decided to give it a try.

The day I got it I was happy when I unwrapped it. A grand light rod no bother to keep hold of while fishing. Nice rings and a good sturdy reel seat.

The first couple of times I went out with this I had no fish on it, but did remark on a couple things. Firstly it casts really well. I only had to give the rod a little flick nearly just from the wrist and the lead absolutely flew out. Secondly I got snagged a couple of times and had no trouble pulling out there was plenty of power in the rod.

Finally, last week I had a chance to see the bite detection of the rod. I was in a spot where I was plagued by what I think were small whiting. The rod showed up the bites incredibly well, the bites from these tiny fish felt like the juddering mackerel bites on a strong boat rod.

So, all told, a great little rod, extremely happy with it.

Re: Shakespeare Omni X Bass 11'6

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 pm

easily pleased happy out lol

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for the review :wink:

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:58 pm

The Shakespeare gear is great value and good quality for the price.
Topic locked