Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Baitweever

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:01 am

Fished the Kerry direction today and picked up the new Ullcatch Baitweever from a local tackle dealer, to be honest I was dubious about the piece but after using it for a session it is actually a good bit of kit.
I don't know how many sessions I'd arrive at a mark and have to root out a roll of bait elastic which 9 times out of 10 would be manky and keep snapping, with the Baitweever the elastic is in the little plastic unit and does feed out properly, so no bait soaked hands are touching the elastic. It comes with 3 strengths of elastic, there's one for soft baits, one for general fishing and one for boat fishing.
Well done to Martin from Ullcatch for this.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: Baitweever

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 am

Nice bit of kit. Can you add bait elastic when it runs out? Or is it a sealed unit. Was it dear? Any fish?

Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:54 am

Hi Dan
The unit separates in 2 and you load in the elastic, might seem a little pricy at €15 but I think we'll worth it, I found around 4 rolls of old bait elastic in the bottom of the box yesterday and when I checked them as soon as you pulled them they snapped straight away.
Cracking day in Kerry yesterday weather wise fishing was a bit slow but we had flounder to 2 lb

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Conger wrote:Hi Dan
The unit separates in 2 and you load in the elastic, might seem a little pricy at €15 but I think we'll worth it, I found around 4 rolls of old bait elastic in the bottom of the box yesterday and when I checked them as soon as you pulled them they snapped straight away.
Cracking day in Kerry yesterday weather wise fishing was a bit slow but we had flounder to 2 lb

use one of these myself grand little peice of kit, 8)
Topic locked