Penn Service

Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:06 pm

I lost the screw that holds the Free Spool/Retrieve lever on my Penn 525 mag. As its from the USA I did not think that it would be easy to replace. I managed to get in touch with Penn service in the UK and within days they sent a replacement to me in Ireland free of charge. Now that's what I call service.

Well done Penn.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:14 pm

dr,

Its good to hear things like that.

I'm not being picky regarding your post, but just pointing out something that most 525mag owners would take for granted and be wrong to do so.

The Penn 525GS is an American reel, but the 525Mag was redesigned from the GS by Neil Mackellow when he started to work for Penn UK, and they set about getting the parts made themselves at their own expense, so its them who we need to thank for providing UK and Irish anglers with one of the best beach casting reels ever made.

Penn USA have only just picked up on the 525mag and made the decision to have it made in the US from now on, any you see on sale in America at this present time come from Penn UK in Scotland.

Just a piece of useless information, I hope you don't mind me adding it in.

Regards,
Tom.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:36 pm

Actually, i noticed that from Penn UK also. Got a V3 (3 piece) a while back, was putting it together and noticed the butt (male) and mid (female) sections werent fitting properly. Tried to separate but they wouldnt budge. Tried everything, wd40, the lot....not a peep.
Called Penn UK, and what did they do? Couldnt advise how to get it apart....so, the gave me the direct number of the guy that designed it! :shock:
...give him a call, if anyone can help, he can... :D

Where would you get help like that!!!

Got it sorted in the end, without having to call the guy. Can you imagine 'emm I cant separate my rod sections'. :lol:

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:46 pm

My US sourced 525mag end plate cracked aroung the spool side-to-side adjustment knob. I email penn uk and supplied a couple of photos. I received a replacement end plate within a few days free of charge....Excellent service!

Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Wes,

What so you think of the V3. I am thinking about a 3 piece rod.

Kevin