New Clean/Mixed ground rod?

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

New Clean/Mixed ground rod?

Postby enoonan001 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:12 pm

All,
I am looking to get a new clean/mixed ground rod. I have a RT Axellerator for the rough stuff but for clean/mixed ground the bite detection can be very poor.
I have been looking at the 13' Imax Beach twin tip and the 13' Penn Rampage. Both rods can be used FS or Multi but it is a multiplier I will be using mostly.
Any thoughts on the above two rods, especially on bite detection or any other suggestions. Max budget is €150 and as I say it will be a multiplier reel.

Thanks in advance

Eoin
enoonan001
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 12 times

Re: New Clean/Mixed ground rod?

Postby sea serpant » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

For that price you will not go far wrong with the Grey's grx -s 13ft multiplier absolutely great bit of kit for the money ya won't be disappointed it's about 130 but it performs like a rod twice the price
sea serpant
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 125 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby enoonan001 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks sea serpant but with all the talk of them breaking I am dubious about them.
Have you had any issues?
enoonan001
SAI Bait Ball

Postby sea serpant » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 pm

My little brother who is fairly new to sea angling but I have used it and was very impressed for the price he has his nearly three years with no issues at all I didn't hear about them having issues with them breakin they certainly perform like a more expensive rod especially in the casting department then can bang a five ounce lead and bait out nice distances easily but if yer not too pushed on them another option ya have is looking for a second hand rod on here ya should get a fairly decent rod for that price second hand
sea serpant
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 125 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby enoonan001 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:52 pm

That's true.
Cheers Sea Serpant
enoonan001
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers