Tilly Powerhouse question

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Tilly Powerhouse question

Postby Bimmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:25 am

My faithful Tilley has developed a problem. The fuel (unleaded) has recently started to refuse to kick off when pumped to operating pressure. I've changed mantles. There is pressure present, but when I open valve, fuel does not seem to 'ionise' into lamp to support flame. Anybody know of somewhere that services Tilleys? I'm considering rigging up an airline and trying to blow out any obstruction, but feel this may damage any internal workings :shock: All ideas welcome. Heading out on Sunday... might have to be content with headlamp :evil:
Bimmer
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 60 times

Re: Tilly Powerhouse question

Postby ste c » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:53 pm

have you been using it untill lately or has it been lying up? the generator is probably clogged i changed mine on my powerhouse and northstar and they are howling again the generators can be got in southside for around €15 thats the gold piece up the middle of the mantles

For this message the author ste c has received thanks:
Bimmer (Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:25 pm)
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby Bimmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks, Ste, I took it apart and that gold bar full of crap alright. Tried cleanin it but no use. Got on to Southside and they got them in stock, so will hit them during the week. Thanks again mate.
Bimmer
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 60 times

Postby ste c » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Bimmer wrote:Thanks, Ste, I took it apart and that gold bar full of crap alright. Tried cleanin it but no use. Got on to Southside and they got them in stock, so will hit them during the week. Thanks again mate.

no probs the gold bar (generator) acts like a filter and after time with dirty juice will get clogged but when i put mine in my 2 lanterns they were flowing perfect and howling again.
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby joe del » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:29 pm

just as well ye got it fixed bimmer would ave been dark last night without it
joe del

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers