Illex Element Rider s240 MH v2 8 - 45 g

Thu May 08, 2014 5:13 pm

I bought this rod to replace my Gunki I broke last year.
I was after a rod that can handle belting out heavier lures. I have a soft spot for kilty lures on some of my marks, mainly for the fact that they can reach distances that other lures just cant. I also use a 35g Maria Mucho Luchir which can be deadly for bass and trout.
So I knew what I was getting and its perfect, absolutely perfect for this. Last weekend in Kerry I was giving it some serious stick and the distance it can cast a kilty is fantastic. Its very responsive too. Christened it on a small bass that took a kilty on the first day. It states it can also be used for light boat work and I have no doubt it could.

It also states "plugs and soft plastics" - Now Im not sure where they are going with this but its not a rod for something like a Feed Shallow or Do-live stick, Xlayer etc, far too rigid for that. I use a 220M 5-25 for this kind of thing.
IMO this is a rod for heavy metal lures, and the heavier end of weighted soft plastics like SG sandeel 42g etc.

Length: 240cm / 7' 10"
Weight: 230g
Action: Fast
Rated: 8-45g
Line: 16lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Eoghan on Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Illex Element Rider s240 MH v2 8 - 45 g

Thu May 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Sounds like a decent rod for jigging and plastics offshore. I wouldn't mind a rattle off one!

Re: Illex Element Rider s240 MH v2 8 - 45 g

Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Would be perfect for shallow reef marks Jim. Dying to get a few more fish on it and out it through its paces.