New footwear?

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

New footwear?

Postby Sugarlumps » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Can anyone recommend me a good pair of boots, something that will give me confidence in grip. Wearing wellies scaling slippery rocks is like dancing on ice.
Sugarlumps
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 19 times

Re: New footwear?

Postby Cormdogg » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 am

I have a pair of these bad boys. Will keep your feet super dry even over ankle depth of water and the grip is second to none http://activehuntingireland.ie/clothing ... -boot.html
2010 - Whiting, Dogfish, 3 bearded Rockling, Shore Rockling, Pollock, Dab, Plaice, Launce, Sea Scorpion, Goby, Gunnel, Codling, Red Cod, Smooth Hound, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse
Cormdogg
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby Sugarlumps » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.
Sugarlumps
SAI Bait Ball

Postby validoc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:10 pm

As a self confessed boot addict and hiker, the best walking/hiking boots are Meindl, Lowa or Hanwag, any of these are tough, waterproof and are good over rough ground, but they are expensive - generally your talking £100+,

ive got an old pair of Meindl Burma Pros that I stuck a few wading studs in for extra grip and they work a treat on wet rock so I suppose you could do the same with any hiking boot providing the sole is thick enough

recently was bought a pair of these and they don't seem bad but ive only had them a couple of months so time will tell,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TF-Gear-NEW-S ... 35ced229dc
validoc
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby billybob1013 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:05 pm

I have got the rock hopper boats from TF GEAR (fishtec) and i have found them to be great on the rocks, i have fly fished from rocks and used the beachcaster from them also and no slips as yet. I have hiked over fields with heavy gear and 18st of me and they have been very comfortable. I don,t know of any shops that stock them just the fishtec site.
billybob1013
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Deise boy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 am

I use kinetic.

But to be honest. Get the cheapest pair of also boots and stud the bottom of then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 131 times

Postby Sugarlumps » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:40 am

Sound, thanks for the advice chaps.
Sugarlumps
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers