Neoprene waders, what prices and what makes are best.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 pm

As above lads need them quick mine are like a sprinkler system inside. Tryed gluing them all seams and holes I could fine but no luck . So going to get another pair but don't want to get screwed on price and im looking for a hard wearing make. Any help lads.

Re: Neoprene waders, what prices and what makes are best.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:45 am

Myself never wore neoprene.

Was warned get a set for winter.
Got a set of sigma 4mm. Used lady might

A god send
Wore a set of women's leggings and a track suit under them
Was well warm all night
No leaks
No dis comfort
Nothing just snug all night in them.
Got them cheap €50 boxed with plastic still on them.
Can't complain at all.

Well ( well ) happy with them mate.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:54 am

behr waders i have a pair for 5 or 6 years. they are a excellent bit of kit. I got them in cork i cant think of the name of the shop but its on patrick street.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:47 pm

daiwa neoprenes have mine a long time now and never a problem think they are are €100-€120 now days

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:43 pm

neoprene,,a recepie for disaster

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:59 pm

saving private brian wrote:neoprene,,a recepie for disaster

why is that?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 am

ste c wrote:
saving private brian wrote:neoprene,,a recepie for disaster

why is that?

Thanks for the replays lads. I'm now looking at the breathable type so not sure what to go for now.

saving private brian"]neoprene,,a recepie for disaster[/quote]
Thanks for your informative reply Brian, once again a very help full comment! :roll: .

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 pm

One thing mate
Do not wear them in summer or on a long walk to fish.
You will lose about a stone of weight in swear.
Breathable for the summer
Neoprene for the winter

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:47 pm

You should check out bass boots they are ment to be the best out there, yes they are expensive but will last you a lifetime so I Suposse it would be cheeper then buying a new set of neo's every year or two!
They are made to measure too.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 am

Anyone rate the ocean brand

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:55 pm

deise boy hit the nail on the head there....
i have a set of the blue behr waders & must say they are great pair of waders & the price aint bad either.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:07 am

Had ron thompson ones used for year pike and sea drunk water at all seams glued them probley spend just as much on glue!!never again nice pair wellie and the bottoms of my flotation suite or my pvc waders if its a must

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm

ste c wrote:daiwa neoprenes have mine a long time now and never a problem think they are are €100-€120 now days

there on sale now on ebay for 60 yo yos

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:12 pm

tight lines wrote:
ste c wrote:daiwa neoprenes have mine a long time now and never a problem think they are are €100-€120 now days

post the link? there €72 then postage on top of that an most wont post to ireland there €100-€120 in the fishing shops over here

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Deise boy wrote:One thing mate
Do not wear them in summer or on a long walk to fish.
You will lose about a stone of weight in swear.
Breathable for the summer
Neoprene for the winter

Cheers deise I was looking it to that and the breathable s are the way I'm going.
paul skelly wrote:You should check out Bass boots they are ment to be the best out there, yes they are expensive but will last you a lifetime so I Suposse it would be cheeper then buying a new set of neo's every year or two!
They are made to measure too.
I looked up bass boots but I couldn't part with the amount thanks for he help tho.
roooster wrote:deise boy hit the nail on the head there....
i have a set of the blue behr waders & must say they are great pair of waders & the price aint bad either.
thanks for the reply rooster.
DAMIEN wrote:Had ron thompson ones used for year pike and sea drunk water at all seams glued them probley spend just as much on glue!!never again nice pair wellie and the bottoms of my flotation suite or my pvc waders if its a must
. I also had Ron ones and I won't be getting them again, like a sieve. :roll:
ste c wrote:
tight lines wrote:

post the link? there €72 then postage on top of that an most wont post to ireland there €100-€120 in the fishing shops over here
. Cheers lads I looked into the irish made climb8 breathable s and they look good to me. I contacted them and for December there is a sale on. So delivered to the door 100€. My Christmas gift from me. I'll post back when I've tryed them out .

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 am

Best if luck with then mate.
Honestly for the winter if I wear then I rob the wife's tights and cut a hole in then in case I take a piss or a pair of ski pants clothes wot a track suit over them.
Can't afford them willy bear things.
Stay warm all times nothing worse then cold in then. You won't enjoy the fishing.

Try remember if kneeling while tying lines to try do in sand or a small cloth or something.
I glued ( not with super glue it will burn then ) 2 patches if neoprene on both knees

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Deise boy wrote:Best if luck with then mate.
Honestly for the winter if I wear then I rob the wife's tights and cut a hole in then in case I take a piss or a pair of ski pants clothes wot a track suit over them.
Stay warm all times nothing worse then cold in then. You won't enjoy the fishing.

Try remember if kneeling while tying lines to try do in sand or a small cloth or something.
I glued ( not with super glue it will burn then ) 2 patches if neoprene on both knees

womens tights iv heard it all now hope your not wearing anything else belong to the wife :lol:

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Don't knock it until you try it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
2 to 3 thin layers batter then any 2 to 3 thick layers or thin to thick.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Deise boy wrote:Best if luck with then mate.

Cheers deise I'll layer up for the winter. :) .

I got the climb8 breathable waders delivered today. Size chart is spot on and with adjustable top pull cord and waste belt they are a great fit. Super service from the off and a zinger put in for good measure. I'll test them out on Sunday. Thanks for all the help on this site lads. Hope this info will help someone else. Tight lines.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 pm

[THUMBS UP SIGN]
Best of luck lad