Woodies Tackle.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Just a heads up as i haven't seen it mentioned , some of the woodies stores have been selling off most of there fishing tackle at 50%off or 25%off. Some serious savings to be made not all of it is great i know but i have got a shed load of Fladen feather type rigs and a few other bits including a couple of spools of braid, i tell you the quality of the rigs i have got is brilliant so much so i have bagged up enough to keep me going for a long time :D I have been in 4 times :mrgreen:

Re: Woodies Tackle.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 pm

JOHN1 wrote:Just a heads up as i haven't seen it mentioned , some of the woodies stores have been selling off most of there fishing tackle at 50%off or 25%off. Some serious savings to be made not all of it is great i know but i have got a shed load of Fladen feather type rigs and a few other bits including a couple of spools of braid, i tell you the quality of the rigs i have got is brilliant so much so i have bagged up enough to keep me going for a long time :D I have been in 4 times :mrgreen:

Seen that sale mate here in Waterford.
Yeah some great stuff and not so great stuff.

For a beginner it's a complete no brainer. Get to woodies and stock up.
Those rods aren't half bad either.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 pm

I didnt look at any rods have enough of them :wink: , the featherey types that i would use a lot of from the boat is what interested me :wink:

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 pm

JOHN1 wrote:I didnt look at any rods have enough of them :wink: , the featherey types that i would use a lot of from the boat is what interested me :wink:

what woodies have you picked up the stuff from in dublin john thanks

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah, they had done 4 for 5euro before too, I stocked up on bubble and cigar floats, so you can fish the most risky spots and not worry bout losing gear. handy stuff alright

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 am

i go the fladen 8 inch mackerel stlye rattle lure,for about a fiver,i dont think twas in a sale either,although i aint caught sh*t on it yet but lad it has some play in the water depending on your retrieve...i troll it mostly,must get more,are the feather rigs really that good john?
could do with stocking up on a few for the boat meself...

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:58 am

ste c wrote:
JOHN1 wrote:I didnt look at any rods have enough of them :wink: , the featherey types that i would use a lot of from the boat is what interested me :wink:

bray and carrickmines but as far as i know all of the stores are doing the same deal 8)
lucky13 wrote:,are the feather rigs really that good john?

one word YES, stock up if you can. what i will do is spread my stuff on the floor and show you how much i liked them :lol: :lol: :wink:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:53 pm

I got some of this gear, rigs are good quality however i dont find the hooks to be the best so iv replaced the hooks on any of the rigs iv used so far :) but still good enough gear

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 pm

As cheap gear goes the woodies stuff is a hundred times better than lidl or alri gear i mean the beach rod they sell is ideal for a beginner and will even last a season and will get baits out for ya instead of the aldi rods that snap on the first go with a three ounce lead

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:16 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
ste c wrote:

bray and carrickmines but as far as i know all of the stores are doing the same deal 8)
lucky13 wrote:,are the feather rigs really that good john?

one word YES, stock up if you can. what i will do is spread my stuff on the floor and show you how much i liked them :lol: :lol: :wink:

just remembered this, i hope you's all took my advice :wink: Here is a little taster of what you missed if you didnt :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

nice laad,some bunch of stuff..i thought i was obsessed... :lol:
are you preparing for something we dont know about john?
:D

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:35 pm

lucky13 wrote:nice laad,some bunch of stuff..i thought i was obsessed... :lol:

yep a few seasons ahead :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
lucky13 wrote:nice laad,some bunch of stuff..i thought i was obsessed... :lol:

yep a few seasons ahead :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Jesus john thats a lot of stuff!!thaught i was bad but as you say feathers for 75c cant go far wrong got stock for boat for macccy rod,friend whos just started off got a to. Of stuff too

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Great value indeed Ive been to the one in kinsale twice and blackpool , at those prices you can afford to lose rigs on every fishing trip

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 am

I was out in the boat yesterday and used some of the rigs i bought and guess what i caught fish on all of the ones i used again :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 am

Iv used their stuff and you cant go wrong, iv caught fish from the shore and boat with the rigs... But the woodies tallaght has stopped selling the fishing gear and gone all out golf!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Just been 5rigs 5€ on the feather ones and still 50% off on the rest

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Just back from the woodies in wexford, was sure i was a good 2 weeks late - no!

sale now 70% off!!!

lures for 30c and lifejacket for €11, any amount of rig making parts 50c, brilliant value

chap in the shop said they were getting out of fishing gear and wanted me to take everything with me
" you wouldnt take up fly fising?"

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Wow.... just stumbled across this thread...

Would be great if the sale was still going and if they have much left as the young lad has taken up fishing recently so would be a good few stocking fillers..

Thanks
J