beach shelter

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:53 pm

just bought a ron thompson beach buddy from southside angling 80euro good deal i think,any advice on them are they good or what

Re: beach shelter

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Why buy it and ask questions later,bit strange.Anyways the shelter is a good one and plenty on you tube regarding setting it up etc.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 pm

good shelter for 1 person i prefer the ian golds igloo tho get 2 people in it comfortably if needed

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am

ste c wrote:good shelter for 1 person i prefer the ian golds igloo tho get 2 people in it comfortably if needed

got it yesterday happy with it trying it out friday night cant wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 pm

re ron Thomson beach buddy great for the job.one thing that you can do is coat the buddy with thompsons water seal.was told this by fox tackle years ago that's what they used on any brolly or bivvy that ever leaked.have never looked back all my bivvies/buddies/brollies get treated with it first class always waterproof.you have to do it out doors as it is alchol based.put it on with a 4inch roller.let it dry job done.sometimes it darkins the fabric slightly but no big deal.i am still fishing with a 10yrs old rt buddy still waterproof only coated it once.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 pm

thanks for the advice greg will give it a go

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Would that work on a smock? I have an original Greys Apollo smock it was the best investment jacket wise I ever made now after years of use it leaves in water occasionally after a good lashing. If this was a solution it would be great. Rt shelters are very good my brother has one a few years now and would recommend it to anyone. As for the igloo they weigh a feckin ton carried mine way too far down the beach at the master angler...... won't be making that mistake again!!

Chris.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am

Chris,
Not sure about the Thompsons water seal but I have used Fabsil spray and liquid on my Holden beach buddy, Rite Gear Smock, Titan Smock/overalls and whatever else I wear for fishing, works a treat.

Hope that helps.

Eric

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm

sully wrote:Would that work on a smock? I have an original Greys Apollo smock it was the best investment jacket wise I ever made now after years of use it leaves in water occasionally after a good lashing. If this was a solution it would be great. Rt shelters are very good my brother has one a few years now and would recommend it to anyone. As for the igloo they weigh a feckin ton carried mine way too far down the beach at the master angler...... won't be making that mistake again!!

Chris.

fabsil on jackets/smocks tents and beach buddys stay away from the spray and buy the tin and paint it on much better job as your getting a thicker layer on it