lighting up this winter

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:59 pm

i need to get a light for winter fishing . whats the most reliable headtorch . i also have inherited an old tilly parafin lamp that needs a globe and pump . is there anywhere still supplying parts

Re: lighting up this winter

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 am

depends on YOU budget mATE i use a h14 r for my head light i dont use a tilly but id say u can get spare parts#

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am

Do a search in the search box for headlamps I'm sure ull find loads on this subject ;)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 am

I got one of them new lenser rechargable headlamps think its called seo7 have to say its top notch

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Have a look at www.ledpowerhouse.com
Good company to deal with and their Irish. It usually has free shipping too.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Cheers red. Good site ,even better prices . Have u used any of there products?

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

cree 1800 have 2 of them and never let me down for €20 you cant go wrong i get about 5 sessions out of mine with out charging it i upgraded the batteries in it tho

as for the tilly lamp parts can be got no problem and i will be usin mine this winter what make of tilly lamp have you will ask my mate what sites he used for his parts he just rebuilt 2 of them

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

about ledpowerhouse, I'm still happy with their cheapest headlamp I bought last year : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41232

I think the discount code for the forum members is still valid.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

save your self a lot of hassel and wait 2 weeks for one of these to come and you wont regret it,,trust me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1800-Lumens-C ... TQ:GB:1123

buy the batteries and charger in all in link below from the same shop..just a bit of advice,maybe buy a pare pair of batteries cause this headlight is powerful,,shop around ebay or buy them off the same client etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-UltraFir ... OC:IE:3160

enjoy and let me know what you think if you take this option,,i have never looked back

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:24 pm

fishonit wrote:Cheers red. Good site ,even better prices . Have u used any of there products?

I cant say i have. I did contact them a while back about a headlamp to use as a spare and they were very good to deal with and answered any questions i had pretty quick. I ended up getting my own headlamp fixed so didnt buy but will do when the need arises.