best fluorocarbon

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:38 am

ive been mainly using tubertini gorilla but was wondering is there any other flouros worth giving a go?

just for scracthing in competitions mainly !

thanks

Re: best fluorocarbon

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:05 pm

for scratching for flounder i use berkley trilene flurocarbon 8lbs

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:35 pm

have used the trilene and the seaguar, find the seaguar the better,but hard to get in small spools,and also pricey,there are lots and lots of fluorocarbon about now,and by the look of it most mono will be fluro in the future,eddie......

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

none of it is great ive tried them all and find the gorilla stuff the strongest and it knots well.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Although very hard to get since Berkley stop selling/producing, but I still use Berkley vanish (the blue one)
In my opinion still the best available.

Jeroen

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Seriously?? I thought vanish was awful stuff....!!!

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Stick to the gorilla there's nothing better out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 am

Steve wrote:Seriously?? I thought vanish was awful stuff....!!!

I don't know about the opinions in Ireland, but down here it's still wanted badly. Maybe the nice prices help as well..
But like I said not for sale anymore....

One of the lads I'm fishing with, bought around 300 pieces in New Zealand and sold them almost all (except own use and friends) within a month..
That sounds to me like it's still wanted..

Jeroen

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:15 pm

frog hair or flouroflex

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm

spiderwire ultracast fluorocarbon is very gud

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I've been using Surecatch 20lb for a few years now for my leader/tippet when bass fishing. It knots well (I use a yucatan these days) and is trouble free.
For trace work I have used Surecatch, Seajuar, Vanish etc. etc. All were grand!
I would not be getting too caught up on the stuff really. Many times a mono trace made from Surecatch Hi-Tensile outfishes the lot! Salt water is hardly ever gin clear without particles floating around, especially estuaries and beaches.
As I say, I use it bass fishing and continue to do so even though I reckon mono will do as good a job in most circumstances...

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 am

T