English Mail Order Sites

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Anyone out there know of an English Mail Order site which sells combos made up of a 14/16ft K2 Rod (or Similiar) mated to a penn 525 Supermag? Have been looking for the past week with no success...

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:37 pm

try veals for a penn ppt anaconda 16ft with 525supermag free.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 pm

Was looking at that one as well but unfortunately it's currently out of stock.. also probably out of my price range - £200+ free 525 approx.
Are there any other recommendations for a rod out there in the 14/16ft range?

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:13 pm

Hi Viper

Search under "long rod" and you will find an extensive thread on the subject with some excellent advice and information...

Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Hi Viper,

Hope you are well and happy.

You can ask for a deal on the two and try to get a better price. Gerry's of Morecombe tend to give a good price and Harris Sportsmail will sometimes do a deal for you.

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/acatalog/i ... atalogBody

http://www.harrisangling.co.uk/

Good luck.

Ian

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:49 pm

There's just too many options out there to choose from!
One that looks interesting is the Penn SURFBLASTER Outasite 13ft: anyone have any experience with this rod?

Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:37 pm

Viper wrote:There's just too many options out there to choose from!
One that looks interesting is the Penn SURFBLASTER Outasite 13ft: anyone have any experience with this rod?

I have no expierence with this rod but it gets plenty of reviews in alotof the sea fishing mags i read its highly rated, safe bet i think

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:34 pm

The length is the only thing which concerns me, broken down into 7 and 6 ft lengths makes it a little awkward to pack into a car...

English Mail order

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi Viper,

I use one of these Rods with a 525Mag and have to say I love it. It has loads of power and is more than capeable of dropping baits 150+ in the right hands. Bite detection is excellent too and I would highly recommend it, it's well finished and has Fuji rings too. I have no probs with the car it fits into a VW golf no bother.

There is a RUFFSTUFF model available too which is 14 foot and a bit beefier but i havn't used it.

Either model you won't go far wrong IMHO!

Hope this helps

Regards,

rods

Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Does it have to be a 13ft rod.

If not i took advice from forum members some for some not.

I got from L&g Tackle in Ballynure northern ireland

I use a warbird multiplier rod and it goes like stink very good for price online its £80+ but l&g beat that so call for best price. or other rods

I paired them up with a 7ht for beach and new slosh sealine for rough.

I am new but they are good and flexi with great fish detection at the tip.

other mate use same rods with mags and it also a great pair.

used others and hard to see a big difference, a rod and reel roughly came to 130 so saved a bomb and very happy with out come.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:26 am

if you are looking a good 3 piece rod with a bit of beef perhaps the greys triad ? got great reviews in sea angler and total sea fishing. just another suggestion...there are so many out there though its hard to know what to go for , i guess its the budget that decides it 9 times out of 10 though for all of us!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Settled for a Penn PowerStix 15ft in the end, 180 with a Penn 525 Supermag. Was a bit hard to justify the extra expense of the higher spec rods. Will post up a report once I get a chance to use it at the weekend.
On a side note, what a brilliant service from Veals... ordered it at 5pm on Monday and had it this morning (Wednesday) ....

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:24 pm

it is a good beach rod, good luck with it! :P

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:17 am

I've come back a few times to looking at the Penn PowerStix 15ft. I'll be interested to hear what Viper has to say when he's had time to make friends with it.

The only question then might be FS or multiplier....