Sundridge seat/box

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:27 pm

Got one of these Sundridge seat/box things from spottydogtackle.com, home, it would appear, of cheaper than usual tackle. Seems sturdy enough and has a sort of detachable bait tray that can clip on to the inside or outside. Decent width and length of strap. Looks like a winner. And not bad for ?14.99. Quick shipping as well.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:45 pm

I think you can buy these from Argos too? (you used to be able to anyway!)

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:13 pm

It would appear so

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... currPage=2

For those in the UK....

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... currPage=2

Now he tells me! :lol:

Re: Sundridge seat/box

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:02 am

Sandman wrote:Got one of these Sundridge seat/box things from spottydogtackle.com, home, it would appear, of cheaper than usual tackle. Seems sturdy enough and has a sort of detachable bait tray that can clip on to the inside or outside. Decent width and length of strap. Looks like a winner. And not bad for £14.99. Quick shipping as well.

Yea i have one strap is a bit of a pain mines just gets shorter and shorter from tying it in the dark

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:21 am

I'm planning to soup up an old golf trolley to take mine. The strap would really only come into it anywhere the trolley wouldn't go. Thanks for the feedback though.

Sundridge seat/box

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:45 pm

I bought my Sundridge seat/box in an Argos sale. Dead cheap and not at all bad. The strap was a real pain though as it kept undoing in the most inconvenient places.

I ended up making a permanent fix at a suitable strap length by sewing the strap at the fastener end with heavy thread. No problems now.

The lid fastener will need a bit of reinforcement: I don't really trust it. I'll probably drill a hole through the lid and the box to attach a karabiner or some type of fastener..

I fix the box with a bungee strap to a nifty heavy-duty suitcase trolley that was lying in the garage for about six years. This is handy for long hikes over even ground but I wouldn't chance it on anything rough. Probably a lot better for access to tow paths and fishing stages for course fishing. Still use the old rucksack for rock-hopping: hands are left free and load is balanced and light.