Question on a beachcaster?

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Question on a beachcaster?

Postby Chopper27 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello im thinking of buying a Hypercast Beachcaster (14ft) and just need a bit of advice on them. Any would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Chopper27
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Question on a beachcaster?

Postby The Austrian » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Please, dont waste your money on useless rubbish and think again. Even wait a bit longer and save up to something decent. Sorry for the bad news but I think bad news are way better than bad advice. Check out the Shakespeare Salt range, you might find them a bit dearer but perfect for beginners and even more advanced anglers alike. This rod you've mentioned will only lead to disappointment. Believe me... t-shirt etc... plenty of these rods have found a new lease of life as perfect sticks for runner beans in my garden. :)
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.” - Dalai Lama
“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today and Hope for Tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein

For this message the author The Austrian has received thanks:
Deise boy (Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 pm)
The Austrian
Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V

Have thanks: 540 times

Postby sea serpant » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 pm

The Austrian wrote:Please, dont waste your money on useless rubbish and think again. Even wait a bit longer and save up to something decent. Sorry for the bad news but I think bad news are way better than bad advice. Check out the Shakespeare Salt range, you might find them a bit dearer but perfect for beginners and even more advanced anglers alike. This rod you've mentioned will only lead to disappointment. Believe me... t-shirt etc... plenty of these rods have found a new lease of life as perfect sticks for runner beans in my garden. :)
. i second this you only end up buyin twice buying rods like that much better off savin up and get one of the top name rods second hand muly personal choice are daiwa rods but look out for names like conoflex,zziplex daiwa,century there sone great bargains on this site if ya look...
sea serpant
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 125 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Chopper27 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for the advice, thats a relief nearly made a big mistake!!!!!!! I'll keep ye posted. Cheers!!!
Chopper27
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers