good fork for digging ragworm

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:11 pm

can anyone recommend a good fork for rag digging in rough ground , i have gone through a good few over the years but have not found one that lasts longer than 2 seasons

Re: good fork for digging ragworm

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:40 am

I'm using a "True Temper" fork bought in Woodies, doing the job in digging in new unbroken ground.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:36 am

2 seasons I was lucky if I got 2 sessions out of a fork :)
at the minute I'm using a spear and jackson fork,I paid a bit extra for it but have it 1.5 years now
seems good enough and the ground I dig is really tough

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 pm

My fave is the fiskars ergonomic but it's not economic at around £50!!

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

I wait until Tescos reduce theirs and the end of seaon and get 3 for the price of one. This means you always have a standby and they have lasted over a year.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 am

true temper are excellent.ive got years out of mine.timber handle red grip.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 pm

thanks for all the help i am heading to woodies the weekend to suss out the true temper

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 am

fisherman59 wrote:thanks for all the help i am heading to woodies the weekend to suss out the true temper

Wait until Thursday and you will get the pensioners discount of 10% :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 pm

:D :D :D LMAO i must get a lend of your discount card donal

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am

I use a spear and Jackson flat tined fork, got it in Homebase about 3 years ago and still going strong, cost me about €35 at the time. Don't know how I went digging before, alot easier now.