Zziplex F Zero

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi,

I was wondering does anyone have one and what type of fishing they use it for.

Thanks.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:53 pm

ive had a chuck with one a good while ago. think they are a long distance match type rod from memory with a nice tip action.
think they were the replacement for the zf 250? and have since been replaced themselves?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:32 pm

the f zero is a match rod light and powerful.good for clean beaches and the like.

F Zero

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:21 pm

Hi, the F Zero was a replacement for the Federation and not the ZF250. The ZF250 was a new approach to the Quattra family. The F Zero was slightly different from the Federation due mainly to the use of new carbons and a slightly revised mandril. It was still a very sensitive and flexible tipped rod with a powerful mid section and stiff butt.

The T Zero was essentially the same rod but with a slimmer butt of 23mm diameter and 6 feet long. The F Zero had a standard 1 inch (25 to 26mm) butt that was 5 feet long. It's been out of production for quite a few years now so if you're thinking of buying one you better check it out well for damage.

They were a very nice clean ground match rod in their day.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks for the info lads.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:35 pm

sorry, my mistake, musta got them muddled.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:03 pm

i have a t zero and had a f zero the t zero has a lot more power than the f zero and is slightly more stiffer,for casting i would go for the t zero all the time exellent rod .

F Zero

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 pm

The man who taught me to cast had the T zero, F zero and the zero plus. The T zero is more powerful as you say but not a lot. It feels more powerful because the tip is stiffer and not a match tip as in the F zero. The T zero uses it's power over the full length. The power of the F zero is more towards the lower half of the rod because of the softer tip. The tip section of the F zero does very little during the cast making the F zero feel a lot shorter and easier to cast. For me the T zero is a better casting rod also but the F zero has better bite detection but I found isn't happy on anything less than a clean beach. I had a few casts with the zero plus and it's a real handful for me. Much more powerful than I can handle comfortably.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:26 pm

had a chuck with beachcasters zero plus.....loved it, boy can it thump a lead!!

Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:16 am

the zero plus is a cracking rod loads of power and can be used on very rough ground good bite detection and as phil says can thump a lead a long way.