Savage Gear Bushwacker 10-40g 8ft spinning rod

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 am

So I finally got out for 40 mins on Sun afternoon to put this rod through its paces. Very nice piece of kit for the money. Very responsive yet flexible in the cast. Great for working heavier soft plastics all the way up to heavier metal lures.
I was a bit aprehensive as there are a number of reports of people snapping these rods but im sure you get a degree of that with all rods. Anyway I gave the rod some stick. Very impressed. For the money you get a brilliant rod, and dont have to spend the kind of money that Illex/Daiwa and co command for their higher end rods. Nice and light too at 150g. I paired it with the okuma 40S which turns out I have too much backing on as I was casting right down to the start of this. What a waste of braid..!
But if you are looking for a great rod, approx € 90 or so, then ye wont go wrong with one of these.

Website bit below :

The Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT rods are built on super responsivehigh modulud carbon fibre blanks, using the very latest technology - ensuring ultra fast and strong rods with incredible lightness. The combination of Portuguese AAA cork and hard Japenese EVA to suit Fuji's gold label reel seats make these rods stand out from the crowd. The Bushwhacker XLNT has been designed from butt cap to tip with the input of some of Europe's most high profiled predator anglers.

• Fuji gold label reel seat
• Premium quality SIC guides
• Quality Japenese hard EVA handles combined with Portuguese AAA cork
• High modulus carbon fibre blanks
• Spiral pattern varnish
• Spigot joints
• Deluxe rod bag

• Length: 243cm
• Casting Weight: 10-40g
• Rod Weight: 150g
• Sections: 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Savage Gear Bushwacker 10-40g 8ft spinning rod

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I use the bigger brother of it, the MP PRO 10', as my main quarry are pike these days.. cracking rods, cannot fault them

http://www.henrystackleshop.com/product ... ts_id/2594

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 pm

I use the younger brother, the MP predator 8'3 6-23g for sea trout. Cracking little modern style lure rod with a lovely tip. Perfect for medium sized weightless plastics also.

Savage Gear generally equals savage value. Never bought anything of theirs that I haven't been pleased with.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 pm

I have the same rod and I also bought the 3g-16g one to. There both amazing rods and great value for the money!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:06 pm

I landed a 20lbs Tope on my bushwhacker 40g last summer. If it didn't snap doing that, it's not going to happen!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:31 pm

I have had two that have snapped on me but i still have one yep a nice little rod for the money 8)

Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

I have one of the original 2009 15-40 8' 6" Bushwhackers with the eva handles. Very stiff but a great budget modern lure rod and I would never get rid of mine. I have to say though that there have been a lot of reports online lately of Bushwhacker tips breaking. Whether these are 'normal' breakages or whether there is an issue with the rods I can't say.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah I saw that myself before I bought the rod. I wonder if its people using the correct weighted lures. If mine goes while using a lure within the 10-40 then I'll be bringing it back and wont be waiting for it to be fixed...! But so far I have been getting great distance on casts and have caught a few bass on it and I love it.