Okuma Trio 40S

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 am

I picked up my second one of these yesterday. What a piece of kit. Very smooth, nice retrieval, good capacity for braid. OK there are cheaper reels, you can pick one up anywhere from €80 to €90, but you get a quality built reel for the money. Would like to see a spare spool but I have enough Exage 4000's with spare spools if I really need to change to a different line. I mainly fish 20Ib braid so I dont change that often anyway. Its somewhere between a 4000 and 3000 in size, just perfect if you ask me. I paired mine with with a bushwacker 10-40 and the balance is spot on.

Some spec might be handy :

High speed 6:2:1 gear ratio
Front drag system
Multi-disc, Japanese-oiled Felt Drag Washers
Quick-set Anti-Reverse Roller Bearing
Precision Machine-cut Brass Pinion Gear
HDGII: Corrosion Resistant High Density Gearing
EOS: Patented Elliptical Oscillation System
Hybrid Spool Design with Graphite Arbor and Aluminum Lip
ADC: Aluminum Drag Chamber Precision Spool System
Rigid, Forged Aluminum Handle Design
Hydro Block Watertight Drag Seal
Heavy Duty, Solid Aluminum, Anodized Bail Wire
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Okuma Trio 40S

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

Got one of these they a great job, paired mine with an Abu vendetta, got the combo from veals for 100 quid, brilliant outfit. Just need a few biggies to really test it haha

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:44 pm

How they perform in salt water?

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:30 pm

I'v been really impressed with the Okuma stuff lately.I haven't tried the Trio but I have been using the OKUMA RAW II which is a fantastic bit of kit,a tad pricey for my liking but thats its only flaw.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 am

standerus wrote:How they perform in salt water?

Thats what im using it for, Salt Water only. Its a peach. Im getting a 30s too for my lighter setup.
Check em out.