East coast tackle

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

East coast tackle

Postby scara » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm

I bought a rod from Paul at East coast tackle . And I cant recommend him highly enough.

I bought a Trabucco poetica from him at a really good price , no rip off on the shipping costs. The rod arrived extremely well protected with in two days. And Paul has a lot of fishing experience so he was very knowledgeable on the subject.

Praise where praise is due.
Sinking Fast.

For this message the author scara has received thanks:
MAC (Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am)
scara
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: East coast tackle

Postby Sparkie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:03 pm

I got an Ian golds off him 2 years ago. I have to agree with you. I had it in two days well protected and at a great price. Great guy to deal with.
Species 2011:coalie,whiting, 5bearded rockling,shore rockling, doggie, pollock,flounder,codling,dab,smoothhound,sea scorpion,ballan wrasse,Tope, tub gurnard, gray gurnard,plaice,bass,Bullhuss,cod

Species 2012:coalie,doggie,codling,shore and 5bearded rockling,3bearded rockling,pouting,whiting,wrasse,bass,plaice,flounder,dab,smoothhound,hiss,tope,cod,tub and gray gurnard,Pollack

Species 2013:Double figure smoothy off the beach,doggie,gray gurnard,codling,goalie,flounder,plaice,whiting,tope. Double figure huss off the beach,dab, bass,pouting,silver eel.
Sparkie
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 16 times

Postby roryodonnell » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 pm

I've dealt with him before. Cheaper than most places on the net.
roryodonnell
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 187 times

Postby nigelmcguane » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:54 am

I've bought rods from him great to deal with!!!!
nigelmcguane
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 22 times

Postby Theking » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:18 pm

i also bought a extractor rod off paul and was delighted with the service .Before and after
i was so happy with the rod that i tried to purchase another one off him at the time but unlucky for me then he was out of stock of them .
I then tried to purchase another one off shankill angling center but am still waiting on it 15 months later to be delivered after they took my money 220 euro .I know they closed down and i will proabally never see the rod (i was told that their stock is in a warehouse waiting to be sorted out and i will then be looked after) .They then just stopped taking my calls .

So it pays to stick to tackle dealers that have a excellent reputation like east coast tackle
Ps if anyone has a contact number for andy or steve that were involved in shankill angling center please pm me as i do not have their numbers to try and contact them anymore.
Theking
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 22 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers