polarized glasses for under 40E anyone have recommendations

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi what would the best polarized glasses I can get for less than 40 euro. I have got snowbie and flying fishermen before snowbie used to be ok for the money they are less than 20 I bought a pair this year they broke after 2 days had them replaced and broke again in 1 day. Im going to go for amber/copper lenses this time I think. any other tips on the lenses colour. There are diawa and low end fling fishermen ones for 20-40

I mainly go lake fishing these days and from what I hear copper/amber works better in lakes rivers is this true

So any opinions
please

Re: polarized glasses for under 40E anyone have recommendati

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm

http://www.marinewebstoreireland.com/#/ ... 4554628157

theres a link to an irish online store the eyelevel sunglasses seem to be good for 20/25 euro they have amber lenses aswell

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Boots

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm

http://www.shamrocktackle.com/index.php ... 5-23-43-24

These Eye Level glasses are in most tackle stores, they are awesome and cheap

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:37 pm

I have a pair of Rapala's that I bought in Henry's about 3 years ago for 25 euro and for the price I find them great.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 pm

The new fox ones are the business

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Have a pair of fladen glasses I got on e-bay. About 20e inc. postage. Had them about 3 years and still going.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 pm

i have the daiwa i wouldnt recommend to be honest dont find them good for rock fishing.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 pm

I have a pair of solanos I found by the river one day. They are about €15 online. They are a little dark for my liking, but still very good polarisation and the float too which helps a little! :lol:

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 am

Im not gonna be liked for this but here goes anyway:grin::grin:

I was using a set of polarised ray bans that cost me $130. Thought they were good but was a bit wary of dropping them and loosing them. I picked up a pair of fishing polarised glassed in aldi for €3.99. Not expecting much from them but wouldnt care if they got lost.
Turns out their pretty good. I even wear them in the car while the ray bans are left in the glove box.
Most of their angling gear is utter sh1te but them glasses are the best value for money thing i have in my tackle armoury.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 am

+1 red I got a pair of them CHEEP ones and they are great have them over 2 year now and not a bother on them and they were not looked after ;)

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 pm

+1 aldi ones are great

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:59 pm

mickeyfish wrote:http://www.shamrocktackle.com/index.php/shamrockproducts/2012-11-15-23-43-24

These Eye Level glasses are in most tackle stores, they are awesome and cheap

+1 i have the carp ones (camo) and they are deadly! with the coppery amber tint.the job. :)

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

eye level ones €15 in a shore thing in westport - still going strong 3 years later - and definitely not loved

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:56 am

red wrote:Im not gonna be liked for this but here goes anyway:grin::grin:

I was using a set of polarised ray bans that cost me $130. Thought they were good but was a bit wary of dropping them and loosing them. I picked up a pair of fishing polarised glassed in aldi for €3.99. Not expecting much from them but wouldnt care if they got lost.
Turns out their pretty good. I even wear them in the car while the ray bans are left in the glove box.
Most of their angling gear is utter sh1te but them glasses are the best value for money thing i have in my tackle armoury.

I have the Aldi ones as well and I think they're great, I bought a pair of polarised in boots for about €50 but I find the aldi ones just as good!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am

You could always shell out €350 on a pair of costas:grin:. Their supposedly so good everything looks HD when wearing them.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 pm

The costas also allow you to look into the mind of the fish and read its thoughts and exactly what it wants to eat and where it should be casted to.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:48 pm

patk wrote:The costas also allow you to look into the mind of the fish and read its thoughts and exactly what it wants to eat and where it should be casted to.

They would want to do that and more for the price of them.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Local army surplus store. €15 had them 2 years!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 am

are the aldi ones ce marked ,i wear glasses and have lenses that go dark in the sun ,they arnt polarized i asked how much it would be to get them polarized and think it was an extra 80 euro !