Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Shimano navi xsb!!!! modification

Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 pm

due to the fact that this reel is a down right death trap when casting i have cut the bail arm off with an angle grinder :lol: :lol: :lol: after snapping a rod and then nearly removing my finger i just lost faith in this reel ,i used it last night and am glad to say it works fine ,in fact my distance prob improved as i wasnt worring about the rod being ripped from my hand with my fingers following it :roll:

Re: Shimano navi xsb!!!! modification

Wed May 01, 2013 2:38 pm

roger de dodger wrote:due to the fact that this reel is a down right death trap when casting i have cut the bail arm off with an angle grinder :lol: :lol: :lol: after snapping a rod and then nearly removing my finger i just lost faith in this reel ,i used it last night and am glad to say it works fine ,in fact my distance prob improved as i wasnt worring about the rod being ripped from my hand with my fingers following it :roll:

Good stuff Roger, must have a look at your mod next time I see you out. I might well follow suit :D

Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 pm

fixed spools are gay :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed May 01, 2013 6:14 pm

I love you Shane :mrgreen:

Wed May 01, 2013 6:51 pm

who dosnt 8)

Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

roger de dodger wrote:due to the fact that this reel is a down right death trap when casting i have cut the bail arm off with an angle grinder :lol: :lol: :lol: after snapping a rod and then nearly removing my finger i just lost faith in this reel ,i used it last night and am glad to say it works fine ,in fact my distance prob improved as i wasnt worring about the rod being ripped from my hand with my fingers following it :roll:

:twisted: Ha, sweet revenge! Hope you made the bail arm suffer Roger, red hot glowing and ground to smithereens until the last remainders have disappeared with an uttering of appropriate spells and courses into the red hot glowing Shimano bail arm hell :lol:
Or did you just feck it into the bin... :roll: :wink:

Thu May 02, 2013 8:08 am

i was very careful ,lots of sparks and flying shards of bail arm 8) i kept it as a trophy :lol:
Topic locked