Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Tackle

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Just wondering does anyone on here use http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/ to get there tackle , does it do a good delivery service to ireland :?:

Re: Tackle

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Bought a few things on 3 March 2013 and payed by Paypal. I let you know when it arrives here.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Sound job much appreciated !

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 pm

I checked today where my stuff is because two weeks seemed to be a very long time for a simple delivery from UK to Eire and left a message via Paypal if they would kindly provide me with a tracking number. Twenty minutes later they refunded my payment without leaving a comment. Bit strange if you ask me. BTW, the delivery charge was 20sterling.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 am

in addition to the post above and as a warning to others:

after finding out that the promised refund has NOT been credited to my account as stated in a 'Credit Memo' and after numerous fruitless attempts to contact Angling Direct trying to solve the mystery, I had to resort to a PayPal claim to recover my money.

Fazit: Utterly useless company and no respect for customers. Never ever again! NOT recommended!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks for the warning as I was contemplating putting an order in .I instead went to my local and not only did he match the online prices but I saved 100 euro . I find anglers world in Navan and Main Irish angling good for online orders

Tue May 14, 2013 4:15 pm

I tried to order a Shimano Exage rod from there as well, showed as in stock on their site for a few weeks even after I paid, got a refund after about a month of waiting for it to come "in stock". They have a sister site that has the same problem with the same stuff...

Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 am

Obviously a company that has lost the plot recently. I used them a few times for coarse fishing gear including rods and reels up until a couple of years ago and had no probs.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

I put an order in through Main Irish Angling instead and prices were pretty much on par with the uk sites .There was a small delay due to one item being ouy of stock but gave me a better model in place with my prior consent.Ive put an order in with Ericsangling in the uk so hopefully theyre good

Tue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Erics angling were crap but chapmans are excellent .Great prices and very fast delivery time .
Topic locked