Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

lidl fishing gear

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 pm

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-86F ... date=29511

Re: lidl fishing gear

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Cheers for the heads up

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Stay clear of their line. I would never trust it again

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Landing net look ok for mullet , got one last year but no mullet:(

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Mikesound wrote:Stay clear of their line. I would never trust it again

I had their pike line last year and for €3 I couldnt fault it,a tad strechy but it done the job.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 am

I had a mate who got one of their fly rods and it snapped on the third cast so not all good or maybe a bad batch of them.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:05 am

is all that stuff in their shops now or do we have to wait until 14th March?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:16 am

lads a complete waste of money

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Lads remember buy cheap buy twice.Support your local tackle shop.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Some of the stuff is ok like float sets for course fishing and the crane sweetcorn and boilies aldi stock but not much else id bother with.I used one of their old fly fishing kits and if Id never been fly fishing before id never go again having used that rubbish. The rod was unbalanced and lacked feel and the line was horrible.I was unable to enjoy the session so in the bin it went

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Picked up the net and the predatory fish box today. Net seems ok and for 8 quid you can't go wrong. The predatory fish box was a tenner and contains a lot of stuff. Some of the stuff in there is rubbish but a few of the floats, lures, jig heads and soft plastics seem fine. Time will tell but happy enough with both after first glance.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Bought the net today, I agree looks good for 8 quid. Also picked up the assorted weights set. Good selection of split shot, drilled bullets and coffin leads, perfect for a spot of mini-bashing on the pier and for a tenner if you lose a few in the weed you wouldn't be too worried.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 am

Avoid the line it's like an elastic band!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 am

:lol: :lol: lidl :roll:

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 pm

rubbish items
Topic locked