MULTILPLEIR REEL

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 am

ANYBODY ON HERE WITH A OKUMA MAGNETIX MG-20CS MAG CONTROL REEL,JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE LIKE THINKING OF GETTING 1 NEXT WEEK 90EURO FOR 1 FROM HENRYS,CHEERS

Re: MULTILPLEIR REEL

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 am

No personal experience of this okuma only suffice to say when they first came out i was ordering one from another english company and was advised "not too" by their sales person as a lot had been returned with faults,mind you that was 4/5 years ago.
If its a matter of urgency go for it but if not save up for another few weeks and buy the likes of penn 525 or similar with a good longterm trackrecord.
If you've access to the tackle for sale section on here you will definately get a proper decent reel for your 90 euro .
You're call. 8)

Re: MULTILPLEIR REELi

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm

The have brand new basic abu reels in southside angling for eighty odd euro prob a better option ...

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm

thanks for the feed back lads,cheers

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

as said above mate go check out southside angling they have some really good condition second hand multis from time to time from €70

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm

I have caught everything from Tope and Conger to micro Whiting with mine off a boat over the past 3-4 seasons without any problems with the reel. Mice has been battered, the gold finish is worn a lot, but the reel still performs perfectly.

You should be able to get one for less that €90 though ;)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

get ur self a second hand 525 mag slidey u wont go wrong

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:36 am

I have one of Okuma 20 reels , really easy to use and so handy to rinse and maintain after a session , the only small fiddly problem i had was a small screw at the nut on the handle which did not seem to thread back to well but the reel is still spot on , and i would recommend it