Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Advice on Beach caster for Novice

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Right, I am back fishing after a few years away and my old 4-6 oz 12 Foot leeda rod is too stiff and not suitable for flounder, dabs etc. Any Advice on a 100-150 euro Budget rod that will give me a decent cast but let me enjoy the fight of a small flattie ?

Re: Advice on Beach caster for Novice

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 am

The penn powerstix 13ft or shakespere salt range and the greys grx are good rods for about a hundred quid or for a 150 ya might get some high quality rods from top names second hand on this forum if ya ask around usually someone wil have something that suits you and your budget l

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 am

Try get a century tip tornado lite second hand won't regret it

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42168

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 am

roryodonnell wrote:http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42168

I am not authorised to read this forum :(

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

hi john, im selling an ian golds super match light rated to cast 2 - 5oz. its 4.6m long and has a cracking soft tip perfect for flats. it has only been used twice and is in mint condition not a scratch. its a lovely rod to cast and cost 230euro new and im selling for 130euro. let me know if your interested. best of luck with your search, millman.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:17 pm

John I see your from Killybegs, Get a run over to Sean Carty in Bundoran at land and sea sports
Sean will sort you out with something decent at a good price

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm

cathald wrote:John I see your from Killybegs, Get a run over to Sean Carty in Bundoran at land and sea sports

Cathal, Yes Sean is great and has sorted me for everything to date but am not sure what to buy so i was looking for advice on here first.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

The young nephew got a 15ft penn powerstix pro of Sean and is well pleased with it
I've used it a couple of times and its a decent casting rod with good bite detection

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:44 pm

cathald wrote:The young nephew got a 15ft penn powerstix pro of Sean and is well pleased with it
I've used it a couple of times and its a decent casting rod with good bite detection

Thanks, must give Sean a shout i see he has a sale this friday :D

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm

+1 on the powerstix as a starter rod although I'd go for the 13'. I have one for 3 years now. Its been through the wars but still does the job when I break it out from time to time. Rung for multi and fixed spool.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

hay if ya wanna try the grxs or penn powerstix 15'9 let me no friday night ,an were we goin this week?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 pm

fishmad wrote:hay if ya wanna try the grxs or penn powerstix 15'9 let me no friday night ,an were we goin this week?

Good man, am mad to get something lighter. i didnt realise you have a Penn 2. Is there anything you dont have.
Not sure where to go, Any idea's yourself am itching to get out. It will be low tide about 10:30 so i suppose somewhere that fishes well on a ebb tide. Is conner for out friday

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 pm

cathald wrote:John I see your from Killybegs, Get a run over to Sean Carty in Bundoran at land and sea sports

Some How I have bought a Triplex T160 :D from Sean Carty
Just need to learn how to cast now :wink:

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:12 pm

good man they are a good rod and Sean had them at a great price

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:13 am

cathald wrote:good man they are a good rod and Sean had them at a great price

Great price surely, I couldn't pass it. After a session on it tonight am very happy with it great bite detection but only a few fish let's hope she see's better fishing tomorrow :D
Topic locked