Bait Pumps

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

Been talking to a few local anglers about these and wanted to find out the wider opinion? I myself use a pike and always have as lug are plentiful where I am. Black lug are what I have heard them used for most often but what we were talking about is where they are most popular in Ireland? I know they are very popular in the uk.

Thanks in advance for all your opinions,

Chris.

Re: Bait Pumps

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm

wouldnt bother with a bait pump,,,waste of money,,,if you are getting plenty with the pike well leave it that way,,,some of the cheapest of them bait pumps are 50 euro,,,i can think of better things to buy with 50 than that

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am

i know one lad that uses them for blacks but to be honest have never seen one used dont think they work for blow lug i think they bust the worms open always fancied a go but i think i would need to get a pro to show me how its done ,i remember the first time i tried for razor after an hour and a half i only had about 15 :lol: went out with a mate for a lesson and now i get a years supply on one tide :wink:

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 am

iv been useing 1 for 2 years now and find them very easy to use for yellow tails but you wont be getting many blow lug with them because blow lug live in a u shaped burrow you will only end up breaking them. there is yellow tail lug in small numbers in every colony of blow lug on the irish coast they are way more plentiful here than fellas realise on an average 90 min session i end up with 100 to 150 worms