Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Imax Thermo Suit

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Anyone got one of these to give a brief review. Mixed reviews on the english sites.

Re: Imax Thermo Suit

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

the imax clothing is normally a load bolox the only good bit of clothing they had out was the grey and green smock

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Cheers Shane. I was just reading that the zips are a bit crap but that could be just bad care. Would deffo need to try one on.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

ShaneH wrote:the imax clothing is normally a load bolox
let me guess.........Titan..combo'ed with a conolex highlander ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

willie bendit wrote:
ShaneH wrote:the imax clothing is normally a load bolox
let me guess.........Titan..combo'ed with a conolex highlander ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: throw a speleo fx5 in the mix and your sorted

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

get yourself a fladen floatation suit it will last you 3 to 4 years and the zips are bullit proof!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm

i got the abu garcia floatation,,,i give it the thumbs up and all things,,,only fault i have is when your taking a pic at night,,,the pic doesnt come out that well,,as the reflectors on the jacket cause the pics to flur,,,theres a bit too much reflectors on the jacket but if you were in an emergency situation you would be dam glad to have them :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 pm

i was going to buy that exact suit for £90 off gerrys or veals but as said they seem to have mixed opinions and heard some bad storys, was up in southside looking at a black sundridge for €119 looks the business an few the lads recommended it

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm

I have one, will hold up in a light drizzle but if its pouring down forget it, also im not convinced about it being a thermal suit because if its really really cold you can deffo feel a chill, I have a Sunridge SAS mk1 suit which is now about 8yrs old as a backup so more often i use that jacket as it is both warm and waterproof....

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

IMHO I'd keep away from the stuff designed for anglers it's usually cheap nasty stuff. Better going for a proper yachting clothing that's designed to be immersed in salt water for long periods.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks for all the replys lads. Think ill look elsewhere so for some winter warmers.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:59 pm

i was thinking of geting one i think il give it a miss now

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 am

i have that thermo suit and like it very much its wind and waterproof ,very warm. my dad fishes a long time on see and said this is very good quality. ( i can tell because we both got same suit ). so we both recommand it because we even use it in norway on -30 dgrees and it whas still very warm it really whas. greetings

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I have the all in one suit and I think its a great job

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 am

The pant legs are about a foot to long, but the shoulder is tight. This was made for a basketball player i guess.. lol

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm

snow bording gear is wat i use, waterproof and thermo lining inside, 10 euro for the bottoms and 30 for jacket, u wont beat them for price and there top notch

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I just bought a Fisheagle 2Pc floatation suit, I used it twice at the weekend and was very happy with it, and after several thumbs up from fellow anglers in the club who have had them for years i am confident my 95 euro investment will last for years to come

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am

johnrooney wrote:I just bought a Fisheagle 2Pc floatation suit, I used it twice at the weekend and was very happy with it, and after several thumbs up from fellow anglers in the club who have had them for years i am confident my 95 euro investment will last for years to come

Hay man do the trousers have a zip for easy access or do u have to strip down to piss?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 am

paul skelly wrote:
johnrooney wrote:I just bought a Fisheagle 2Pc floatation suit, I used it twice at the weekend and was very happy with it, and after several thumbs up from fellow anglers in the club who have had them for years i am confident my 95 euro investment will last for years to come

Hay man do the trousers have a zip for easy access or do u have to strip down to piss?

Strip down to piss am afraid :shock:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 am

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks ;)
Topic locked