Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Topic locked

Total gear hurricane shelter

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am

Just wondering if anyone has or knows what the Matt Hayes shelter is like , as i think Santas elfs have one on it,s way.

Re: Total gear hurricane shelter

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm

cant imagine these being too bad,,,,maybe the uk forums would help you better,,,,,, www.worldseafishing.com

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Most of the coarse fishing shelters might not have the correct fittings to deal with salt water. Also, they tesd to be pegged to the ground which is not always possible on soft sand. If you are looking for something for the beach, go for an Iain golds or Ron Thompson shelter. Both of these double up for day sessions on a lake as well.

Kev

Sent from my Pipo M1 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Im sure the Hurricane shelter is part of their beach range . Looks good to me

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:43 pm

I just had a look on you tube. It is indeed for sea angling. Sorry about that. The TFG range is normally associated with coarse fishing. Looks very like the Ron Thompson range, so it should be well up to the job.

Kev

Sent from my Pipo M1using Tapatalk 2

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm

any body try one of these yet? need a new shelther id say the one i have at the moment will fall apart the next time i fart in it.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm

I was right about Santas elf,s as i did indeed get a hurricane beach shelter , but with snow and high winds i have not had a chance to put it together yet. Thanks for the replies.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

billybob1013 wrote: i did indeed get a hurricane beach shelter , but with snow and high winds i have not had a chance to put it together yet.

don't be a baby. their the perfect conditions to test it out :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Well i did get one of the above shelters. Gave it a try in some nice windy wet conditions , it was the first time i had taken it out of it,s sleeve and was extremely easy to put up. All bits are together so no fear of losing anything in the sand. The base flaps were large enough to put sand and stones onto we fitted 2 seat boxes and 2 of use in no problem. I would recommend them , although just a bit pricey unless you have a nice wife who buys it for you. lol

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

billybob1013 wrote:Well i did get one of the above shelters. Gave it a try in some nice windy wet conditions , it was the first time i had taken it out of it,s sleeve and was extremely easy to put up. All bits are together so no fear of losing anything in the sand. The base flaps were large enough to put sand and stones onto we fitted 2 seat boxes and 2 of use in no problem. I would recommend them , although just a bit pricey unless you have a nice wife who buys it for you. lol

sounds good mate have you any link for the exact 1 you have?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 pm

ste c wrote:
billybob1013 wrote:Well i did get one of the above shelters. Gave it a try in some nice windy wet conditions , it was the first time i had taken it out of it,s sleeve and was extremely easy to put up. All bits are together so no fear of losing anything in the sand. The base flaps were large enough to put sand and stones onto we fitted 2 seat boxes and 2 of use in no problem. I would recommend them , although just a bit pricey unless you have a nice wife who buys it for you. lol

sounds good mate have you any link for the exact 1 you have?

Sorry mate i don't but its on the fishtec site. I am not even sure how to put a link on as i use the mobile to type:-)
Topic locked