Let down big time!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

Just a quick rant/heads up.

Was seriously let down by a well known Dublin "Bait Supplier" at the weekend. As I was major busy during the week working both during the day and in the evening I couldnt get out for bait so last option was to put an order in. Put the order in on Wednesday for some crab, lug, sandeel and mack. Order confirmed for collection at 5.20pm on Friday. Rang on Friday at about 4pm to confirm the order was there. All good but no lug. Thanks for the heads up! So I advised I will be at the shop at 5.20pm and it was confirmed...

After a 20 minute walk after work I got to the shop. Shop was closed. No worries, I was told the chap only lived a few minutes away and to ring him when close by. Called him, no answer. Waited 10 minutes, called again no answer. This went on for 40 minutes. 4 phone calls, 1 text and no answer. Completely blanked! I had to be back home for 7 to finish a job so I had to leave very angry and frustrated. I was to fish a comp the next day with no f&^ing bait. Luckily enough one of the lads in the club came through and sourced me a few crab.

The worst thing is though no follow up call or text apologizing from this so called "Bait Supplier". Sickens me to think theres people out there getting away with this as its not the first time apparently. After speaking to some other anglers the general consensus is the service is bad. I wont be going back and I will make sure to advise other anglers to look elsewhere when pre ordering bait.

I have not mentioned any names here so mods please advise if this post is all good. I just want to inform people to not make the same mistake I did.

In other news great win for Celtic at the weekend...

Re: Let down big time!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

Sounds like u have a pain in youre rings end

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am

freedom1916 wrote:Sounds like u have a pain in youre rings end

Hahaha :D :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 am

theres nothing worse than being let down with anything,if its the place im thinking of the bait is dirt there now day

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am

In other news great win for Celtic at the weekend...[/quote]

Bring on the barca...... 8)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

That's bad bad form , people like this do themselfs no favours with this carry on :evil:
I for one will never use his so called service again

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Name and shame. I would like the know the offending bait supplier pls, so as to not make the same mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Name and shame is the way forward :wink:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:18 pm

roryodonnell wrote:Name and shame. I would like the know the offending bait supplier pls, so as to not make the same mistake.

Thanks in advance.

IIf you read the posts carefully you will get the name. Up Rangers. :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

All the clues are there. Yes I have a pain in my Rings End. I like Celtic.

I dont like confrontation. My mam always told me to Behave and dont be Silly.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Bad form, bad business and bad attitude,,sounds like a lesson hard learned Jay.
Hockey pucks for crabs and anorexic worms,,,ya had a lucky escape amigo :D .

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Happened me for a Munster Team qualifier when I was with the under 21's down in Cork, Ordered a dozen crab he asked did I want more so I ordered an extra dozen for the brother, Arrived at the shop all closed up quick call......'I'll be down in ten mins' an hour later still no sign phone off no text to say sorry. Violent wasnt the word my only Luck was the dogs showed up on Youghal instead of the Codling.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:28 pm

freedom1916 wrote:Sounds like u have a pain in youre rings end

^THIS co-sign

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm

suprised at this ive been using this supplier for years with out any issue like that will continue to as well

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Try Paul Mason 0863650321 (East Coast Tackle). Bought a new rod from him last week and did not realise he is also doing bait. He is based in Swords.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 am

Jayball10 wrote:All the clues are there. Yes I have a pain in my Rings End. I like Celtic.

I dont like confrontation. My mam always told me to Behave and dont be Silly.

Glad i can read morse code :lol: :lol: Better bait supplier across the road from him and a good mate tightlines.... Top class bait ever time... :P

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm

sparkey+1 wrote: Better bait supplier across the road from him and a good mate tightlines.... Top class bait ever time... :P

+1 for tightlines... too bad he's too busy now to dig for bait.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Holla1974 wrote:Try Paul Mason 0863650321 (East Coast Tackle). Bought a new rod from him last week and did not realise he is also doing bait. He is based in Swords.

Were abouts in swords?im working out there for a month and i could do with getting a new fixed spool rod has he a shop?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Rivervalley

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

NOT NICE TO BE LET DOWN LIKE THAT ESPECIALLY IN THE TIMES THAT WE ARE IN YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD APPRECIATE THE BUSINESS AND TREAT THE CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT

TIGHT LINES

JOHN A