Daiwa Supercast 13 stb

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:05 pm

I picked up the above rod recently and finally got to use it last night. I have to say a lovely rod to use, I paired it with a daiwa millionaire mag and started off slow. The power in the cast was great, without having to put much force in the cast it was chucking leads a great distance, when I did put power in I was hitting leads a huge way out. The bite detection was mighty and on the retrieve you could feel every turn of the fish, Kstaff was spot on with reccomendation for this rod,

Re: Daiwa Supercast 13 stb

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:30 pm

there a great rod i still have the paul kerry version and love it

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:37 pm

I bought a daiwa super cast in 1998 when they first came out & I use it almost every week paired with a daiwa 7ht multiplier. A great rod & will last for years

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi, I also have a super cast & love it I have it paired with the millioner 7ht. Was thinking of upgrading to the 7th mag how do you find this reel ?i also use a Abu 6500 premium mag but the 7ht mag apeals to me.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

cod chaser wrote:Hi, I also have a super cast & love it I have it paired with the millioner 7ht. Was thinking of upgrading to the 7th mag how do you find this reel ?i also use a Abu 6500 premium mag but the 7ht mag apeals to me.

Hi Cod chaser

The 7ht mag is a great reel, lovely and smooth on the cast and plenty of power in the retrieve, also have the Abu's, lovely reels but would definetly prefer the 7ht mag, the only problem that I have had on the mag is when I have overloaded it :oops:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 am

How much would one of these set me back

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 am

Hi John

From a shop new they are about €300, not sure what they are online but keep an eye on the for sale section they come up for about €150

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks Conger might have a look on the net and see if their are any secondhand ones about