Lanshi LS-T8 headlamp from ledpowerhouse.com‏

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Last time I fished Killiney beach at night, I realized that I was getting more light from the dart passing behind me than from my cheap argos headlamp... it was time for an upgrade !

After reading Roger's review about cree leds from ebay (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34428), I decided myself for 1 (or 2, or even 3, just in case...) of these. Then I came across this discount viewtopic.php?f=22&t=40869. It cannot beat ebay prices, but the delivery delay and the fact they are in Ireland made me change my mind. I never trusted ebay anyway... So I used the discount to buy this item http://ledpowerhouse.com/index.php/torc ... ls-t8.html

I ordered my lamp around noon and it was delivered next morning. It came with batteries so I could immediately play with it and tease my office colleagues :)

Everything went smoothly with the online shopping. Some details that I find less and less online :
- what you see is what you get
- no overrating (weatherproof instead of waterproof for example)
- a 10 lines long handwritten note to thank me for my purchase
- useful user manual edited by the shop, so I guess they really tested the item

About the headlamp itself, the light output is impressive, as expected from a 3W cree led. For fishing, the low setting is all I needed. High output and focus settings are simply too bright ! The lens is in a sturdy metal holder. The plastic case containing the batteries seems strong enough. I may have to change the batteries frequently, so I guess I have to be careful to make the plastic parts last. Not the greatest headlamp ever, but it's a reasonable value (18.5 euros including delivery, batteries and discount) and it's just right for a casual usage. Finally it is very light to wear, even it makes me look like a weird unicorn...