lure rod

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 am

hey friends what are your ideas on a good lure rod, dont want to spend loads, any ideas????????

Re: lure rod

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm

if you are after bass or pollack grauvell concept spin 802 great rod,costs around 120 euro

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm

thecatcher wrote:if you are after Bass or pollack grauvell concept spin 802 great rod,costs around 120 euro

Second that, I have the 832 and its great. Savage Gear Bushwhackers are really nice too, well worth a look.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

bass is what ill be hunting

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Abu Garcia devil 10-30 an absolute bargain! Stick a decent reel on it and it will last forever!! You can pick one up for under 30, really tippy so they'll cast 3-4g spinners with ease and will smack out 25g jig head and softie all day!
Have two myself, have caught well over a hundred brown trout between myself and my brother in the last two years. Can wrestle a six pound pollock when needed and a fight off a 4lb seatrout feels like your scraping a 600lb tuna on 60lb mono.

An absolute dream of a rod!i'll be taking mine to the grave and back!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 pm

ill be mainly after sea bass, pollock, mackrel, you still think the abu garcia will do, hate to loose a 6/7 bass cos of the rod :evil:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:58 pm

sheaners wrote:ill be mainly after sea Bass, pollock, mackrel, you still think the abu garcia will do, hate to loose a 6/7 Bass cos of the rod :evil:

You would have to hook one first, not that easy :lol:
The bushwhacker are a great little rod and I hear the consept spin are a lovely too :wink:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:15 am

I know it sounds like a cheap rod but it's a 30ton graphite blank, braid friendly eyes, cork handle light as a feather and just a dream to cast! So so tippy but still has the butt strength to steer a big strong fish around snags and such.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 pm

i have abu devil aswell good rod for money, will do fine for what youre after at the end of the day
once it can get fish to youre feet job done especially if you are new to lure fishing.now all u have to do is choose a few lures best of luck :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I have a bushwacker myself and its a fine rod for the money i would say you would pick one up for about 80-90 euro

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm

+1 On the Bushwacker. Savage gear have a Salt Lure Rod looks a cracker. 8)

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 am

SlackLiner wrote:
thecatcher wrote:if you are after Bass or pollack grauvell concept spin 802 great rod,costs around 120 euro

Second that, I have the 832 and its great. Savage Gear Bushwhackers are really nice too, well worth a look.

I'm looking at getting one too. Henry swears by them. :D

http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/this_n ... ecial.html

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Have seen raving reviews recently about the new Awa-Shima Exel Axperion spinning rod range.
http://www.uk.awa-shima.com/index.php/r ... s?start=12
Supposed to be great quality spinning rods that perform well beyond their price.
quick link: http://www.moonfleet-angling.com/moonfleet_Rods.html