in the market for a new headlamp opinions please?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 pm

sorry i know theres a few threads up about this already,im in the market for a new headlamp that will light up half the beach (if i wanted) iv been looking at tiga etc any opinions on a lamp that would be decent and what im after? all help appreciated cheers

Re: in the market for a new headlamp opinions please?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Magicshine 808 :wink:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Tiga sl85 is the best in the range it's light and has a smart charger so you can't over cook the Battery unlike other tiga lamps if I were you I would go for a Tiga you will never look back 8)

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 am

ShaneH wrote:Tiga sl85 is the best in the range it's light and has a smart charger so you can't over cook the Battery unlike other tiga lamps if I were you I would go for a Tiga you will never look back 8)

cheers man wheres the best place to pick 1 up do you know?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 am

You will have to do a google mate the uk shops stock them
If you get one don't leave it uncharged or you can fluck up the battery and don't touch the bulbs with bear hands or you will blow the bulbs

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:05 am

ShaneH wrote:You will have to do a google mate the uk shops stock them
If you get one don't leave it uncharged or you can fluck up the battery and don't touch the bulbs with bear hands or you will blow the bulbs

have just checked ebay only 1 up on bid i will do a search think i will give 1 of these headlamps a go if i can get my hands on 1 thanks mate :)

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Shambo wrote:Magicshine 808 :wink:

+1 great hedlamp and as bright as a lighthouse if you want it to be. :wink:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:49 pm

try and get one with a red bulb that will stay on constantly (not flash or pulse). it makes a huge difference to your night vision. hope this helps.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Sorry to invade the thread but can the tiga lamps be recharged

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Magicshine. Well worth the money

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 pm

john86 wrote:Sorry to invade the thread but can the tiga lamps be recharged

Ye they have a 6v 12ah battery

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 am

led lensor hr14 m8 i have that and ther hr7 serious bita kita not heavy or wires every were

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 pm

hr14 for me too brilliant and lasts forever on low setting

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 pm

im purchaseing a new one next week and have opted for the led lenzer h14r,,a bit heavier than others but thats beacuse of the quailty,,,,i need it for the winter for the long walks to and from my new cod shore marks which i have been sussing recently

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 pm

u wont be disapointed serious bitta kit

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm

ebay cree 5 watt with two rechargeble lithium batteries have one 12 months and its still going strong :?:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Yep LED LENSER is the one. ive used / seen / talked to the guys in work about various torches and headlamps over the years in the job. currently top ranked by us are the LED LENSER family.There expensive but well worth it in the long run. easy to tilt and focus comfortable to wear, battery pack sealed with o-ring that keeps out moisture and lasts for ages. Ive to get into some seriously cramped spaces with hands covered in all kinds of oils,greases and hydraulic fluids so ease of use of adjusting things like focus and intensity of the beam are important, which the LENSER provides for. Cold, numb, slippy, bait covered hands .. no problem. comes with handy little pouch to carry it in too.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 pm

have you checked out the new Petzl NAO Headlamp? It has received great reviews everywhere.