Teklon 802 V Sakura Shinjin 832

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm

With a birthday coming next week, my better half has offered my a new spinning rod :D . I was sorta set on getting the sakura shinjin until i done a search here and seen that a lot of sakura rods seem to be breaking, :( and that in a lot of folks opinions the teklon concept was better. So, i know this has been done before, what i was wondering has anyone had problems with the shinjin rod as most of the problems i read about were on the rookie one. The sakura shinjin rod i was interested in is the 8' 6" 15-50g and the teklon one i dunno should i go for the 8' 3" 15-50g or the 9ft 15-60g. I already have a savage gear bushwacker and penn probass so i'm not gonna turn down a new spinning rod or i will end up with clothes that will never see the light of day :roll: Thanx for any help...

Re: Teklon 802 V Sakura Shinjin 832

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I have the 832M Tecklon and absolutely love it! I use it off the boat on inshore marks for pollock and wrasse and off the rocks with plugs, soft plastics and heavier metals. I went for the 832 as I thought it was better balanced with my Shimano 4000 than the 902 and had a little more length than the 802 which I wanted for the boat work. If you can live with the fact that it's purple/pink (I still get stick for that whenever it appears!) it's a great piece of kit for the money :D