Recommendations for a new bass rod?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi folks,
I'm toying with the idea of adding an 11ft6 bass rod to my arsenal. Would be willing to spend around 80 Euro. I have two rods from the Penn powerstix pro range: a surf 13ft and a 10ft bass spin. Was wondering if the salt bass might make a better scratching rod than the Penn ?

Opinions from owners greatly appreciated :)

Re: Recommendations for a new Bass rod?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm

I picked up my grauvell teklon concept on ebay for 80 bucks posted but I haven't seen them since but you might get lucky

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 am

Ric0shay wrote:I picked up my grauvell teklon concept on ebay for 80 bucks posted but I haven't seen them since but you might get lucky

I'll check out the teklon so and add it to my shortlist :) Cheers for the reccomendation !

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 am

my advice on the salt bass is to go for it,,,class rod...just got one myself,,,,,theres the normal salt bass then theres the slightly dearer salt bass xt,,,the only difference as far as i can see is the white tip on the xt is bigger but any of them are fine,,,,,,you should get one for around 60 or cheaper

sailnfish wrote:Hi folks,
I'm toying with the idea of adding an 11ft6 Bass rod to my arsenal. Would be willing to spend around 80 Euro. I have two rods from the Penn powerstix pro range: a surf 13ft and a 10ft Bass spin. Was wondering if the salt Bass might make a better scratching rod than the Penn ?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 am

I think I'll splash out on the salt XT so. Its rated to 4oz whereas the penn is rated to 3oz. I'll be using this rod on on rock marks also so I think it might be that wee bit more capable of lifting fish than the Penn. Thanks for the advice folks :)
saving private brian wrote:my advice on the salt Bass is to go for it,,,class rod...just got one myself,,,,,theres the normal salt Bass then theres the slightly dearer salt Bass xt,,,the only difference as far as i can see is the white tip on the xt is bigger but any of them are fine,,,,,,you should get one for around 60 or cheaper

sailnfish wrote:Hi folks,
I'm toying with the idea of adding an 11ft6 Bass rod to my arsenal. Would be willing to spend around 80 Euro. I have two rods from the Penn powerstix pro range: a surf 13ft and a 10ft Bass spin. Was wondering if the salt Bass might make a better scratching rod than the Penn ?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm

My mistake i thought you were looking for a plug/plastics rod.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:07 pm

salt bass have one myself you wont regret it

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:24 pm

thecatcher wrote:salt Bass have one myself you wont regret it

Another one for the salt :) I'm hoping to use whichever rod I buy on rock marks also, do you think it would be up to lifting good sized fish up the side of the rocks? Cheers for the info !