glow sticks

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 am

Just got the package from Hong Kong and delighted. 12.4 cents each ! ! !

Excellent bright sticks for the money.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120844594908

Delivery time 17 days from day i paid for them/purchased.

Re: glow sticks

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Its cheaper to get an LED and a watch battery, the LED will last for ever and the battery will last about 6 months...

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:31 pm

keep an eye out in lidl for the crivit ones,,,4 euro a box for 50 ,,

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 pm

2 euro shop for a packet of glow sticks last a full fishing trip and no waiting 17 days.... in fact would probably need a new box before the 17 days are up :lol:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:18 am

Mk4, that is all :wink:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:2 euro shop for a packet of glow sticks last a full fishing trip and no waiting 17 days.... in fact would probably need a new box before the 17 days are up :lol:

what are they like? what 2 euro shop stocks them mate id imagen there a bit long no?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Charlestown stock them i dont find them to long just tape them to the tip and they will cover about the same length of the rod that is already painted to glow with your headlamp and they come in different colours so can use a different one for each rod...

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Charlestown stock them i dont find them to long just tape them to the tip and they will cover about the same length of the rod that is already painted to glow with your headlamp and they come in different colours so can use a different one for each rod...

2 eur for 10 sticks, pink blue and poor green ones ... no thanks :D
You get what you pay for and lidl/aldi do sell CRAP !

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Charlestown stock them i dont find them to long just tape them to the tip and they will cover about the same length of the rod that is already painted to glow with your headlamp and they come in different colours so can use a different one for each rod...

10 sticks dont know what your looking at but guess your not on the same wave length as me it's only to detect bites not to be jumping around with joy after waiting 17 days for delivery when any tackle shop sell them!!!!! so i dont understand your posting the fact that they where a cheep as chips so what the Chinese equivalent on Lidl/Aldi guess its that site you got them on e-bay ..... S*ite so CHEEP Chinese Crap.... :? You really have a way of getting up peoples noses..... and not for the 1st time either. Shame but that's the way u are i guess. Dont know u and dont want to fish with you with that attitude... By the way it 30 sticks for €2 and yea cheep as chips.... :lol:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:10 sticks dont know what your looking at but guess your not on the same wave length as me it's only to detect bites not to be jumping around with joy after waiting 17 days for delivery when any tackle shop sell them!!!!! so i dont understand your posting the fact that they where a cheep as chips so what the Chinese equivalent on Lidl/Aldi guess its that site you got them on e-bay ..... S*ite so CHEEP Chinese Crap.... :? You really have a way of getting up peoples noses..... and not for the 1st time either. Shame but that's the way u are i guess. Dont know u and dont want to fish with you with that attitude... By the way it 30 sticks for €2 and yea cheep as chips.... :lol:

During the recession you have learned to respect Lidl/Aldi "quality" products, 5 years ago none of ye went even near to these shops. Believe it or not, but they do sell the same crap. Pink and blue glow sticks are useless even you you buy them from very well respected shop, isnt that true ? Well, i personally dont know any fisherman who uses them, they hate them.
I used to say, im not so rich to buy poor or useless products. So for 2 euros you get 10 poor green glow sticks from lild(you will be happy if you have eagle eyes and you detect them from 3 meters :D) and the rest you can just give to the kids to have fun.
The ones i recommended above are very bright green in color and very helpful to every fisherman who counts cents. Very bright and visible from even 20m. Worth to wait these 2-3 weeks.
We both entitled to our opinions, but dont get personal, i tried to be helpful in this thread !
In my opinion these sticks are 10 times above the Lidl shaite ...
Choice is yours what to buy and and where from to buy !

Peace and tight lines !

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Doberman wrote:We both entitled to our opinions, but don’t get personal, i tried to be helpful in this thread !
In my opinion these sticks are 10 times above the Lidl shaite ...
Choice is yours what to buy and and where from to buy !

Peace and tight lines !

That’s fine and leaves it at that. Because a person’s opinion is not the same as yours do not keep going on and on and on and on about it.
Learn to let issues go.
Try talking to yourself

My advice to you is DO NOT REPLY TO MY POST

MarcoC

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 pm

imho the aldis/lidyls snaplights work fine. I dont need to see them from twenty yards as I can see better than I can run and when I'm fishing I dont want to be twenty yards from a baited rod, it could have disappeared before I could get to it.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Refelective tip tape simples!!!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 pm

keith wrote:Refelective tip tape simples!!!

The tape wins hands down for me, got a pack of those tip lights and went to use em last night and they were tiny so left em in my rucksack .theyre bright but i find the jaxon ones better

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 pm

I use the ebay "cheapys" great value, used to use the lidl ones but dont like the blues/reds that come in the mix, i use a cheapish headlamp aswell and have good reflective tape on the rod tip just not mad keen on being a human lighthouse on the beach so thats why i use them. Everyone has their own "way" :idea:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 am

MarcoC[/quote]

Classic Donal,ive had the very same thoughts :wink: Oh the few times ive used the green lidl lights they have been fine,the other colours not great but from 5 yds perfect.Back to "ignore list" . :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 am

I use the Lidl glow sticks and have no problem with them. The green are the best but the blue work fine too. I agree the red are not great and generally use them for a short session. I dont want to see them from 20 m away, I am generally close to the rod and just need to see the indication of a bite. Reflective tape is only useful of you are standing all night with a headlamp on and scaring the fish away. The only time I use the headlamp is to bait the hooks (apart from setting up and dismantling) and if it a really dark night I turn the lamp back on briefly to put the rod back on the stand.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 am

RockHunter wrote:I use the Lidl glow sticks and have no problem with them. The green are the best but the blue work fine too. I agree the red are not great and generally use them for a short session. I dont want to see them from 20 m away, I am generally close to the rod and just need to see the indication of a bite. Reflective tape is only useful of you are standing all night with a headlamp on and scaring the fish away. The only time I use the headlamp is to bait the hooks (apart from setting up and dismantling) and if it a really dark night I turn the lamp back on briefly to put the rod back on the stand.

+1. I got a few boxes of the lidl ones too. They're cheap and they work well :)