Rod That Will Cast 5g-20g

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Looking for a rod that will cast between 5g-20g something that wont brake the bank and between 6.5ft & 8ft.If anyone has something in that bracket they might share the name what they think 8)

Rod That Will Cast 5g-20g

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm a fan of the ugly stik, and they're relatively cheap & very hard-wearing. My favourite is the 9ft, but they come in all shapes & sizes. http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/index_rods.html

Re: Rod That Will Cast 5g-20g

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

The ugly stik are a great rod . I got a mitchell spinning rod for 15 euro new for the child and paired it to a shimano hyperloop reel loaded with 10lb mono and its great surprisingly. Flicks out baby rapallas with ease and good feel. The child hasnt seen the rod since lol

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Razor the Teklon Concept 702L 5g-25g or Savage Gear Bushwacker XLNT 3g-18g should do the job and wont break the bank

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Ray,
if its for general sp and lure work then you really cant go wrong with the grauvell concept 802ml,or for lighter work 7 to 25grms theres the 702,cracking rods for the money you really can't go wrong.Or the other option would be the other rod i mentioned used by you know who,just pm him to get the name of the model.
PS 9 days and counting or is it 10 :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks lads have a few names of rods now will start to have a look

Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:18 am

Hi
I don't know if you have got your rod yet, but Savagegear do a rod specially for soft plastics and small lures called the Jig n' Spin 5-20 gm. I have bought one and used it a few times and it certainly flicks out a tiny sea trout spoon a long way, and it is reasonably priced and nicely finished, like all savagegear stuff.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:35 pm

lastcast wrote:Hi
I don't know if you have got your rod yet, but Savagegear do a rod specially for soft plastics and small lures called the Jig n' Spin 5-20 gm. I have bought one and used it a few times and it certainly flicks out a tiny sea trout spoon a long way, and it is reasonably priced and nicely finished, like all savagegear stuff.

Yep i got the rod and bust it in half during the week. so unsure as to how great it is the jury still out just need a top section now :cry: i only had it about two months but i liked it TILL IT BUST IN HALF :evil: :evil:

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Ray did you bring it back yet??

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm

ya was on to absolute fishing they can get me one 8) its all the one anyway as getting nothing so a week or two wont kill me :roll: to be honest it was getting to be hard work the last few weeks lots of blanks

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

http://www.le-coin-du-pecheur.com/index ... -kaze.html