breakaway cannon

Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 pm

I have used this for two weeks now and find it great ,with a 15 foot rod and a shimano navi .
I use two turns around the knob for 3 oz weights and 3 turns for 4 and 5 oz it takes a bit of getting used to, but one or two sessions had me wellying baits out with no worries of white finger , i,d say it has put a nice few yards on my cast being able to hit the rod a bit harder 8)

thanks determind dan and tonyfella (i now have two 8) )

Re: breakaway cannon

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 pm

I was thinking of trying these myself, I know Paul mason was telling me he used them and that man can cast ;)
Can you get them in most tackle shops do ya know?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 am

not sure al ,but they do work well, southside angling might do them,most tackle shops have breakaway gear so i,m sure they will get you one in if you ask?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm

must say you got savage cast with that yolk !

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:15 am

thanks fishmad ,i.m sure it will get futher the more i practice its all about timing :lol: thanks for your help up there! 8) (ended up working till 3.30 on sun so no comp :cry: kinda knew it would be too late :twisted: )

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I've used them for over 12 years and wouldn't be without them. Make sure when you tape it to the rod that it is not too far away from the reel. I have them on both my rods, but I have to say I can cast with the best of them with my 13ft rod and the Shimano Navi.
Get the timing right and off into the distance it goes!!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

yep good alright :!:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 pm

have to have a go of this roger

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am

not on one of my rods :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:52 pm

thats nice to know - i bought one years ago and then switched to multi's.

as above - you just tape them on??

dave

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

i used strips of black duct tape havnt had a prob so far .

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

I used to use one until i switched to multi's, probs the bestest invention for not ripping the finger off yourself during a 'over enthusiastic' cast ever..... Creep has it just now tho on 'loan'..... Dare say its lost at this stage tho.... :(

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 am

use these majority of the time,,be lost without them